FMIC core

freddy_t

Feb 3, 2006
Guys let me pick your brains. Ive been in negotiations with a intercooler fabricator in getting a custom cooler made for my car. Ive had my bumper off and supplied him with dimensions with the room I have to play with (not a lot! lol)

Now Im not after people telling me that It wont work or that I should have gone for a cooler kit. I wanted something a bit different and also funds aren't at there best!

Ive requested that the cooler outlets exit the side (similar to A&m) as opposed to out the back (forge) but Im not sure on the depth of the cooler core? Will it have to be 2.5" to match the outlets (thus preventing the end tanks tapering in towards the core.)??? Or isnt this an issue......???

All your help and adivce is appreciated

Fred.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
You'll probably find if 2.5" isn't enough for the core, you'll just need to use a reducer pipe (silicone) on each end.

I got a custom 'cooler from Forge for my Almera turbo project a few years ago and it worked out about the same cost as an off-the-shelf Golf FMIC ... might be worth getting a quote ;)

May 2, 2006
Guys let me pick your brains. Ive been in negotiations with a intercooler fabricator in getting a custom cooler made for my car. Ive had my bumper off and supplied him with dimensions with the room I have to play with (not a lot! lol)

Now Im not after people telling me that It wont work or that I should have gone for a cooler kit. I wanted something a bit different and also funds aren't at there best!

Ive requested that the cooler outlets exit the side (similar to A&m) as opposed to out the back (forge) but Im not sure on the depth of the cooler core? Will it have to be 2.5" to match the outlets (thus preventing the end tanks tapering in towards the core.)??? Or isnt this an issue......???

All your help and adivce is appreciated

Fred.

you have a pm ;)

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
That's a bit rude :p

Unless there's some dodgy dealing going on ... in which case you don't want every Tom, **** and Harry who does a search finding it

May 2, 2006
haha, nothing dodgy mate

my bumpers coming off on wednesday so i can take measurements of my AM core and send the info over

:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.