fmic for a golf

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Doesn't look the correct size to me, too wide and not tall enough.

Do a search and look at the size/shape of the Seat Sport one and the Forge one.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
No, not without doing some research. But mk4 ibiza 20VT's have inlet mani on the same side as the turbo outlet and thats why have inlet and outlet on the cooler on the same side.

LCR's have inlet mani the opposite way and have a single pass intercooler and mk4 Golfs and LCR's have a very close setup.

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
horbury wakefield w yorkshire
im pretty handy with mechanical things, so doing the job wont be much of a problem . but do you think they may be a problem with the air flow coming back on it's self if i take the pipe around the back of the intercooler and back up in to the inlet.iv seen the other fmic with in and outlet on the same side, but i aint got 700 squids lol...any ideas? or recomend any other fmic for around 200..300 mk..thanks

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
think i might give this a go if no ones done it yet.will keep you posted on how things turn out......just one thing do you think that IC will be much better then the stock one? also do you think it would be a good idea to put the stock one on too behind the fmic if theres room.....

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Do you have a Cupra with a FMIC or FR with a SMIC? The Cupra front mount intercooler has been proven to handle over 300bhp so unless you only have a FR there is no point in changing the intercooler unless your after big power.

I would only run the one cooler mate.

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
Do you have a Cupra with a FMIC or FR with a SMIC? The Cupra front mount intercooler has been proven to handle over 300bhp so unless you only have a FR there is no point in changing the intercooler unless your after big power.

I would only run the one cooler mate.

sorry yes it's the fr with the smic . but a also plan to do other work on the engine too . turbo exhaust..ect..in the near future

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Your turbo will max out at ~240bhp so you dont need anything over the top.

Loads of universal coolers on ebay, its just getting them to fit behind the bumper and sorting the piping out thats the pain in the ass.

jamest87

lead foot
Feb 10, 2009
thanet. margate
very nice whats your thoughts on it?..is yours the 1.8t

yea its the 1.8t..
im really chuffed with it. ive noticed a bit of difference in the tough and it wasnt that hard to fit it only took about 2 and a half hours to fit i have got pictures but i dont know how too put them up..lol.. i had to do a few buts of cutting out on the crash bar because forge didnt do a food job and the adoptor for the map sensor didnt come with any gasget as they say it needs a air tight seal but apart from that really good...

jamest87

lead foot
Feb 10, 2009
thanet. margate
P1010806.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.