FMIC Leon Cupra - Forge or Apr ??

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Im wanting to do my FMIC Next, the question is...

Forge or Apr???

I love the look of the forge how you can see it under the lower grille.

To me the apr looks bigger.... Im wanting to go apr stage3 and reckon apr will want to use thier cooler?

Anyone have experience of either?

Cheers

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
why not go for the S3 cooler, there is a feeler in the group buy section at the moment, this is going to work out at a fraction of the price of an APR/FORGE cooler.

looks like it is going to be 250-300 all in and ready to fit instead of 700-800

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
why not go for the S3 cooler, there is a feeler in the group buy section at the moment, this is going to work out at a fraction of the price of an APR/FORGE cooler.

looks like it is going to be 250-300 all in and ready to fit instead of 700-800

Hmmmm, how efficient compared to forge/apr ? Would be nice to save the money, though ive got nohing else to spend it on at the min.....

Oh and would it be concealed? The forge ones are quite visible. Its also got to cope with the grunt of the phase 3

Ni Cupra

Inferi black cupra
May 23, 2007
would go for the s3 one to be honest, afaik its the exact same as the oettinger one minus the badge and the price. there was a topic on here before about it.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
it has been said that the S3 one is better than the standard cooler, it is the same dimensions as the oettinger cooler but unsure how it performs against the forge/APR coolers... i am sure someone will know but if you are going stage 3 then i am sure you will want to be confident that your car is going to be running as cool as possible regardless of cost!

Yes the S3 cooler is "hidden" in the OE position which has its benifits

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Im wanting to do my FMIC Next, the question is...
Forge or Apr???
Cheers

APR is bigger than S3 OEM IC, but the result could be the same although it could give more lower volume for the temps... If you are gonna make all those mods what are you just can do for your engine go with APR , but if just few things more to get better performance then choose OEM S3 IC...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise