Fmic

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Right the time has come to get a fmic now there are a few i have seen that are complete packages but what im after are some alternatives as they are a bit pricey unless they can do them for a good price?? ;) ;)

Have seen forge one which comes with everything and also seen the ADB one, but does anyone out there know of any alternaitves??

cheers all

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
10% discount when buying from Forge if you're a member of this site. They are the tried, tested and trusted option :)

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
i know what you mean rob but if you see other versions there is so much difference in money but i'll speak to them and see what they say.

Adb one is to small in my opinion, and gaz manda would only really need one if running high boost or something!

The pro alloy one is mahoosive like that one cheers jonny but just seen by the time you add vat etc its the same as forge!!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
up the power watch out she'll do you in it then lol

I've seens plenty of fmic on ebay which look proper nice for about £160 obviously i'd then need to get it mounted, buy the pipe work and hose's and clips etc, but reckon it wouldn't be far off of the others!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Neuspeed, APR and Pace are all manufacturers of FMIC's for our cars.
However, all around the same price by the time you've found one, got all the bits, and installed it.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
thats the kind of thing i thought about doing but as pabs say its hassle so may do forge one at least it has all bits and pieces in one package which is nice

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
No, it won't fit the LC. The LC needs to have inlet/outlet on the same side (drivers side), and not one at either end.

Have a read of this thread, in particular note post #45!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111618&highlight=fmic

my pro alloy one is in one end out the other, oppersite to the forge. you can fit that type to an lc but with more pipework changes. my forge wasnt too hot after 280bhp.. it became a bottle neck to the ihi. looking back maybe the pipe work was the issue?

id choose your fmic wisely after working out how far your going powerwise.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
dont be a tight arse rob just buy the Forge one! :p

Man from you thats rich :lol:

i see what you mean trauma i saw some where they were at opposite ends just more pipe work than ness but your right i will choose carefully and see what an SCN discount will get me ;)

have seen a forge one for £740, which is loads cheaper then forge do themselves, how does that work?? lol

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/item_detail.php?prodID=444001156

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Man from you thats rich :lol:..

if that was true rob i wouldn't have bought myself a brand spanking new LCR with my own money at the ripe age of 21, nor would have I spent the £££££ on modding it that i have! :p

as said just buy the forge one... cant go wrong with it! :D

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Dave - I *might* have a spare black plastic "MAP" Pipe from an LCR if you want it. There's two brass inserts for the MAP to screw into, and the inserts were spinning, so I had to cut the bolt heads off. The LCR MAP needs a 12mm dia hole, I assume the Cupra's is the same.

The TT225 one is the same, except the mounting tab is wider - on the LCR they simply cut half away to get it to clear the fan housing.

IIRC Sie got Forge to knock up a complete replacement out of ally with their MAP boss welded on.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise