FOB issue

Oct 10, 2019
Greetings, my key fob suddenly stopped unlocking/locking after I changed the battery,it unlocks/locks only when I am standing near the door and point towards the interior. Is it on it's way out?

Oct 10, 2019
Update,yep guess it is going out. Secondary fob works just fine from any distance. Btw since I already opened the thread, why does central locking only unlocks front right and and rear left door? I can only open the driver's door manually via the key, while back right only from inside.

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Update,yep guess it is going out. Secondary fob works just fine from any distance. Btw since I already opened the thread, why does central locking only unlocks front right and and rear left door? I can only open the driver's door manually via the key, while back right only from inside.
Common problem on the MK2 leon doors the lock drys up inside and need unsticking again. Many have done what is in the attached video link and locks are ok again.

Remember to plug the holes that are drilled so the wd40 doesn't dry out. Did all 4 of my doors over a year ago and all still fine now.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.