Fog Light Issue!

Mat

Hey guys,

I noticed a few months back that my passenger fog light was out. (I don't use fog lights, I was showing someone how "little" they light up the road).

Anyway, ordered some bulbs and decided to change them today with LEDs bulbs. Removed dead light, put in new LED bulb, nothing! So i took the good, working light from the drivers side and tried that on the passenger side. Didn't work. So plugged it back in the drivers side and decided not to work!

Any ideas? Fuses are all ok.

Mat

BTW: For the time being I'm running with no bulbs (don't use front fogs anyway). If I can't solve the issue I'll just remove the units.... But once I start something I like to finish! I don't want to be defeated by stupid electricity!

TJenkos

Feb 12, 2009
Derby
Can you see whether the bulb has blown? Filament broke?

Also, do you have a multimeter? Try measuring whether any current is getting to the light by putting the fogs on and connecting the multimeter up to the plug..

Thats going to tell you whether there is any power getting to the light itself, and how much..

Last edited:

Mat

i have a multimeter, not sure how to use tho :cartman:

however, the drivers light was working fine. unplugged it, tried it on passenger, not working, straight back to drivers side and wouldn't light up!

TJenkos

Feb 12, 2009
Derby
Thats what leads me to think there may be a power issue causing the bulbs to blow instantly..

Turn your multimeter on and set it to V for volts. Put the black tab on a ground such as frame and the other in one of the pins from the plug.. One of them will be the positive and other ground, so whichever shows a reading is positive... That will read the volts going to the bulbs..

Probably worth doing that to both sides..

Mat

fuse hasn't gone as the rear fog and my gauges are linked to the same fuse (I blew it other week), and they are still workin.... Next time I CBA to look at it, i'll give the multimeter a try

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.