Fog light warning

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
So, I had three months of hassle free motoring but now, I am starting to notice a few minor niggles. I have seen elsewhere in another thread that keyless entry and locking and unlocking is flaky -- getting this. So hopefully a software update will sort this.

No, I seem to now be getting a intermittent fault with the rear fog lights.

I am getting an error (see attached) on the Fog Light / Reversing lights. Fog light on the right rear is working (car says right rear, not headlights) -- Manual says refer to dealership -- can't find out if I am meant to have two fog lights and reversing lights. And even if there are meant to be two bulbs lit etc.

The app is saying right rear fog, but that's working... and the message only appears after I engage reverse during the daylight hours and if my lights are on, or switched on via auto. Weird.

Then... the error clears. Bulbs appear to be functioning.

Has anyone else seen this?

Garage has recommended I book in for a fault find.

Attachments

• Car-Light-Error-Nov2021.png
    Car-Light-Error-Nov2021.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 202

Deleted member 131219

Forgive me if I've read your description wrongly, but it sounds like the car lighting is working fine but the app isn't.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I get this error when reading from OBD port, but it's not showing on my dash or in the app.

"Trouble codes:
B122015 - Right fog light bulb Open circuit/short circuit to B+
Intermittent"

Reactions: SeatMadSnapper

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
I get this error when reading from OBD port, but it's not showing on my dash or in the app.

"Trouble codes:
B122015 - Right fog light bulb Open circuit/short circuit to B+
Intermittent"
Yes, that's it. Interesting. So if I take it in the Garage will report the same. Thanks for this... perhaps the pending firmware will solve this. Good to know it's something that is exhibiting on other vehicles.

I do wonder if it's a Spanglish Left and Right issue, like the manual and it's instructions on how to switch on auto lowering of door mirror in reverse gear!

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
Forgive me if I've read your description wrongly, but it sounds like the car lighting is working fine but the app isn't.
No worries. I suppose that's correct... but it does also show, from-time-to-time on the dash as a status error and then clears.

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
I have had the fog light warning light come on around 10 times for the front fog light.
Fog lights are working fine even when the bulb warning light comes on, took the car to the dealer and they cannot find anything wrong so they believe it is a software issue, waiting on the new update due shortly.

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK
I have had the fog light warning light come on around 10 times for the front fog light.
Fog lights are working fine even when the bulb warning light comes on, took the car to the dealer and they cannot find anything wrong so they believe it is a software issue, waiting on the new update due shortly.
This is good to know. Appears to be a bug then. Hopefully this will be rectified in the software update.

Oct 8, 2021
Not connected to the fog light but had a few strange rear indicator warnings.

The internal indicator signal flashes very quickly, like a lose connection to the bulb.

Turn the engine off and back on, seems to clear the fault/rapid signal? Maybe a few software glitches, car is 12 weeks old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeatMadSnapper

Jun 21, 2017
UK

The internal indicator signal flashes very quickly, like a lose connection to the bulb.

Turn the engine off and back on, seems to clear the fault/rapid signal? Maybe a few software glitches, car is 12 weeks old

Sounds like a similar glitch. -- the firmware update sorted my issue.

peterlcarter

May 22, 2013
Hi guys, there is a fix for the 'fog light warning light' available at the dealers.
My Formentor was one of the first to have this fix, about an hour at the dealers required.
Did not work first time though as when I was leaving the headlight warning light came on when my headlights came on, so went back in for another 20 minute fix. If you do get offered 'the fix' by your dealer make sure before you do not leave before you switch the lights on etc first to double check..

Reactions: scottydog76
Apr 17, 2021

@scottydog76, did you fix this issue? It also appeared in my car, initially intermittently, and for 2 months now - permanently. The dealership's service is unable to fix the issue so far... Discussion with Cupra Spain, they can't find the reason behind it too. So far, they have changed the control module, and they are thinking of changing the whole rear indicator.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.