Folding mirrors when driving/engine running does not work

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Update: So after 1 year I think I have worked out the odd mirror switch behaviour.

The mirrors will only fold when using the switch after moving off at a certain speed, possibly the same speed that the doors autolock. They will then fold when driving up to speeds of 30 mph. Above 30 mph they don't fold.

Getting the deal to look at this next week. I wan't them to fold when I move the switch regardless of speed!.

I unfold mine every morning and at work using the in car switch with the engine running but before I move off, so speed has nothing to do with it. If the button press on the remote stops folding mirrors/opening/closing windows (as mine has done a couple of times) just reset the windows as in the handbook for if the battery has been unconnected and they work again.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Update: So after 1 year I think I have worked out the odd mirror switch behaviour.

The mirrors will only fold when using the switch after moving off at a certain speed, possibly the same speed that the doors autolock. They will then fold when driving up to speeds of 30 mph. Above 30 mph they don't fold.

Getting the deal to look at this next week. I wan't them to fold when I move the switch regardless of speed!.

Why? Surely its both dangerous and illegal to drive with them folded in?:confused:

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Why? Surely its both dangerous and illegal to drive with them folded in?:confused:

Its not above 30 mph that bothers me, its the up to x mph (15?) when they don't work when driving off. They will fold when stationary after start, but I want them out then to check pulling out etc but if crawling from rest in traffic etc and there is a narrow gap I want to fold the mirrors, such as width restrictions like car park exits etc. This is when the switch does nothing and drives me nuts.

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
I unfold mine every morning and at work using the in car switch with the engine running but before I move off, so speed has nothing to do with it. If the button press on the remote stops folding mirrors/opening/closing windows (as mine has done a couple of times) just reset the windows as in the handbook for if the battery has been unconnected and they work again.

Have you tried folding them when moving off? or over 30mph?

I should have added that they fold when stationary most of the time!

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
There seems to be a great deal of the cars functions are driven by software and every now and then the sequence of functions get out of step :(

My daughters 2013 FR had one of the door illuminations stayed stuck on red, even though the car was not in sports mode.

people on here would love that "feature"...

squidie

Sep 16, 2015
England
I fold mine with the engine running or a short time after it’s off with the ignition on in that fold position, you can also do it with the key fob too.

mleslie1990

Jun 5, 2015
Mine fold in when holding down the lock button on my key fob. Also raises and Un raises the windows when parked up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
Tried this out on my new MY16 and can confirm some of what's seen above:

- when stationery and engine running the mirrors fold with the switch
- when moving they don't
- press and hold to lock folds in the mirrors

Can only assume it's some kind of safety feature but could prove annoying when trying to squeeze through width restrictions etc. May do some more tests using the digital speedo to find what point it stops allowing the fold...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise