for people looking at creations motorsport TIP.. look inside before you buy

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I think the mother in law may be getting a set of brake caliper adapters off me for christmas, i have every confidence that they will perform as expected.:D

blackmagic20vt

Apr 1, 2007
I have a cm tip and so far no problems. Money wasn't the issue I just didn't want to wait 21days for the Sfs or 28 for the badger at the time.

I had to trim and play with mine abit to take a kink out of it but after that it sits well and I don't really have much else to say it does the job although I may change in the future as I'm having the heatsheild and jetex off bill and will get this pipe as well

Dont expect Bills to a straight fit either in fact none of the 80mm tips on the market are a perfect fit. I got one off Badger5 it came with the earlier thinner coupler for the turbo and also had a massive kink in it near the turbo end and was a right pig to fit and after peeing around with it for hours and Bill telling me that bring it down he will fit it for a fee like I was an spaz or something it got sold and because of that woefull customer service experience along with being rude about trying and getting info for some brake adapters which didnt go to well either because I wanted info before i purchased he wont be getting anymore of my money.

I have noticed he is doing larger couplers now just like CM so there must have been a fitting issue with them to start with it otherwise why would the coupler have got revised?

I have alot of time for smaller companies run by enthusiasts that don't charge the earth as long as their customer service is good and even if they have issues getting things right a few times around they will get my money to help them along rather than bigger companies ripping people off because of their brand name.

The only reason the badger 5 one is expensive is he doesn't manufacture he outsources economies of scale and all that.

People like forge make quality products there is no doubt but they are extortionate in their prices and back in the day their silicone came from China and they also had quality issues even if they don't admit it I know as I still have their piss poor fmic silicone hoses that are wafer thin on the mk4 golf.

Unlike other people jumping on the bandwagon my experience and comments come from years of testing many different products from different manufacturers and I was only down at a famous tuner called Nick in Hinckley few months back when he was tuning up a S3 with CM 80mm tip and make better figures than the badger go figure..

Whats good for the consumer if anything is these smaller firms popping up it has got the bigger brand names thinking which can only be good for the consumer and bring prices down.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Get the V2.2 don't scrimp on such an important part of your set up! If the photo in the op doesn't put people off CM products nothing will:confused:

I didn't scrimp in the first place just my own impatience couldnt wait have I made a mistake? Possibly but it's holding up ok and I'm not just gonna change it because of this photo. I will be changing it this year as I want a different setup and will keep an eye on it.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Dont expect Bills to a straight fit either in fact none of the 80mm tips on the market are a perfect fit. I got one off Badger5 it came with the earlier thinner coupler for the turbo and also had a massive kink in it near the turbo end and was a right pig to fit and after peeing around with it for hours and Bill telling me that bring it down he will fit it for a fee like I was an spaz or something it got sold and because of that woefull customer service experience along with being rude about trying and getting info for some brake adapters which didnt go to well either because I wanted info before i purchased he wont be getting anymore of my money.

I have noticed he is doing larger couplers now just like CM so there must have been a fitting issue with them to start with it otherwise why would the coupler have got revised?

I have alot of time for smaller companies run by enthusiasts that don't charge the earth as long as their customer service is good and even if they have issues getting things right a few times around they will get my money to help them along rather than bigger companies ripping people off because of their brand name.

The only reason the badger 5 one is expensive is he doesn't manufacture he outsources economies of scale and all that.

People like forge make quality products there is no doubt but they are extortionate in their prices and back in the day their silicone came from China and they also had quality issues even if they don't admit it I know as I still have their piss poor fmic silicone hoses that are wafer thin on the mk4 golf.

Unlike other people jumping on the bandwagon my experience and comments come from years of testing many different products from different manufacturers and I was only down at a famous tuner called Nick in Hinckley few months back when he was tuning up a S3 with CM 80mm tip and make better figures than the badger go figure..

Whats good for the consumer if anything is these smaller firms popping up it has got the bigger brand names thinking which can only be good for the consumer and bring prices down.

Get some facts right FFS

I Originated the TIP.. Billet version.. CM tossers copied it blatently.. I continued to develop it and its billet geometry changed in the pursuance of performance, NOT fitment. It has always fitted when done properly.. I fit dozens of these.. They require patience and time to trim and fit to sit nicely. Not all folks are as able to do this fitment. The version 3 is a simpler item to fit lower cost item for those wanting performance on a reduced budget.

I do not give dimensions or part numbers to ANYONE... Why should I? You got the hump.. ?? FFS Your attitude also was poor. thankfully you are in the minority of people I deal with.

There is no way a CM copy can work any differently (better) to the v2 TIP on which its a blatent copy, but made from inferior materials... hence why you see on another thread what happens to poor quality materials which delaminate in use.... Thats why they're cheap. Indian/Pakistani made copies.. Not quality stds at play. You get what you pay for.

Needless to say My billet TIP revision is V2.2 and has been for nearly a year.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I didn't scrimp in the first place just my own impatience couldnt wait have I made a mistake? Possibly but it's holding up ok and I'm not just gonna change it because of this photo. I will be changing it this year as I want a different setup and will keep an eye on it.

I was just saying when or if you replace it go for the V2.2. I'm very happy with mine and it was a straight forward fit no issues at all.

spanner87

Oct 7, 2012
Whoah guys I never intended this thread to become a flame war,the problem was resolved and I have since fitted the replacement they sent and I'm now seeing 189 g/s through the maf from a stage 1 tune,I will however be switching the item for a SFS oversize item when it arrives,personal attacks over the internet are for children and call duty.
Were all adults here right?
How many items on your cars were replaced under warranty and was the car branded a failure? People could call the Leon a knock off golf but still you buy them?

Cuppa tea time lol

blackmagic20vt

Apr 1, 2007
Get some facts right FFS

I Originated the TIP.. Billet version.. CM tossers copied it blatently.. I continued to develop it and its billet geometry changed in the pursuance of performance, NOT fitment. It has always fitted when done properly.. I fit dozens of these.. They require patience and time to trim and fit to sit nicely. Not all folks are as able to do this fitment. The version 3 is a simpler item to fit lower cost item for those wanting performance on a reduced budget.

I do not give dimensions or part numbers to ANYONE... Why should I? You got the hump.. ?? FFS Your attitude also was poor. thankfully you are in the minority of people I deal with.

There is no way a CM copy can work any differently (better) to the v2 TIP on which its a blatent copy, but made from inferior materials... hence why you see on another thread what happens to poor quality materials which delaminate in use.... Thats why they're cheap. Indian/Pakistani made copies.. Not quality stds at play. You get what you pay for.

Needless to say My billet TIP revision is V2.2 and has been for nearly a year.

Without getting into your personal issues with other companies you have highlighted again why your attitude stinks. The main issue I have is that you are using the Indian Pakistani theme again knowing full well that the company in question is owned by a German and originated from Germany yet you use this Indian/Pakistani debate because they employ asians to make it look like its a company with piss poor 3rd world and lowest in order of quality to boost your own products.

I have no time for people who use race or nations to discredit a company and for other peoples information I can point you to other forums and post where you constantly bash this rubbish pakistani and Indian theme. Grow up and accept there will be other manufacturers that can give brand name manufacturers a run for their money and give the consumer options.

You sir are not a major manufacturer and outsource all your manufacturing so are not even in the same price bracket for the quality that's fact for you.

If you don't believe me on the tuning capabilities of other products and manufacturers ask them yourself I dont make things up there are hundreds of them out there.

On the brake adapters etc I wasn't after measurements I wanted a product that will do the job but you are only interested in selling me a kit that will be useless to me when I already have half the goods.

So unless I was putting money your way for a whole kit and everything you were not interested in helping me out that's the fact do you want the recorded phone conversation it was made via my workplace they keep it for 7 years if your interested.

So before berating me do some research and get your facts correct other than that I have no issues with you so calm down as you say I am not in the majority of people because I am not a sheep :D

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Without getting into your personal issues with other companies you have highlighted again why your attitude stinks. The main issue I have is that you are using the Indian Pakistani theme again knowing full well that the company in question is owned by a German and originated from Germany yet you use this Indian/Pakistani debate because they employ asians to make it look like its a company with piss poor 3rd world and lowest in order of quality to boost your own products.

I have no time for people who use race or nations to discredit a company and for other peoples information I can point you to other forums and post where you constantly bash this rubbish pakistani and Indian theme. Grow up and accept there will be other manufacturers that can give brand name manufacturers a run for their money and give the consumer options.

You sir are not a major manufacturer and outsource all your manufacturing so are not even in the same price bracket for the quality that's fact for you.

If you don't believe me on the tuning capabilities of other products and manufacturers ask them yourself I dont make things up there are hundreds of them out there.

On the brake adapters etc I wasn't after measurements I wanted a product that will do the job but you are only interested in selling me a kit that will be useless to me when I already have half the goods.

So unless I was putting money your way for a whole kit and everything you were not interested in helping me out that's the fact do you want the recorded phone conversation it was made via my workplace they keep it for 7 years if your interested.

So before berating me do some research and get your facts correct other than that I have no issues with you so calm down as you say I am not in the majority of people because I am not a sheep :D

Sorry but whats your personal spat got to do with the TIP in this thread? It has failed and people are asking why? I haven't seen a B5 do this so why are you comparing the two?
Its clearly a different quality isn't it?

spanner87

Oct 7, 2012
To be fair,my tip that failed (and I uploaded photos on both my threads which is the same product by the way) seems to be the only one which has failed that I can find online,I've heard fitment issues but that's about it,there is always a bad one in the batch or a trainee/Friday afternoon jb. Chill. guys cmon

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

In terms of 80mm TIPs for K04 cars, I am without question the one who has sold the most.... and why is this.?

Its a proven, engineered product which designed and tested to get the results it achieves (without question) - the initial V2 product then gets Blatently Copied by CM, who do the same with MANY other engineered products. They innovate NOTHING, they ride on the backs of others who spent much time, effort and £ developing the products, to then simply "copy".. During said copying they make them from lesser quality materials to a lesser standard - Facts.. The products dont originate from Germany, but from a Low Cost country by its end price point and the quality of materials very clearly demonstrates.

Regarding the brakes I dont recall YOU nor the conversation, but suspect you were after brackets for some random porsche brembo caliper, and wanting me to supply something which would fit. Not something I could ever confirm given the variance there are on the porsche brembo calipers.

You will not have been the first nor last to ask such questions.. to which I cannot answer NOT KNOWING what particular caliper you may or may not have had. This I say without recollection of your conversation but is typical of what I get asked.. I can only confirm the brackets I make are suited to the kits I use them in which are based around Brembo GT Junior caliper.. Perhaps this may jog your memory of the conversation.

YOUR attitude is the one which stinks I'm afraid

Apr 12, 2008
I haven't read any of the tripe anyone has commented in this thread. But OP's picture doesn't look like it was fitted right, looks like their is a kink in it and the pipe needed to be trimmed to fit. Am i right, or just the pic?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
trimming of K03 tips is very common..
not much space down there to get it between the coolant pipe and turbo, and precious little land for the hose clip to clamp onto on turbos nose

Apr 13, 2011
hull
I don't know anything about these 80mm tips but am sure tho thread is not post to be an argueement about who's is best.

It's just stateing that the cm tip is not what it's cracked up to be. And it's letting people know what they could possibley getting them selfs into.

Banger 5 from what I have seen and read on hear (not used them my self) have a very very good rep and I would happily use them if they had some thing I needed.

Who ever created the tip doesn't matter in thery well my 2p s worth anyway (yes I do feel sorry for the developers of the origanl product what's been copied) but the end of the day it all comes down to quilty and brand name.
People choose the brand name becasue of the name only at times but that's the same in every aspect of life just the same as buying designer clothes but all the other people who don't care about name.

Buy things what other people recommend and other people say are good so in this aspect there saying the cm tip is not very good.
But the banger 5 v2.2 or what ever its called lmao is good so there for they are recommending the banger 5 tip or a designer brand named tip. And not the cm tip :)

SO ALL IN ALL I THINk THIS SUMS UP WHAT MATTERS

You get what u pay for but some people still buy cheep (not saying cheep ain't worth a gamble now and again because sometimes cheep can pay off)

Banger 5 your a sponcer on hear for a reason and that reason is enought for me and most people on hear would agree your rep speaks for its slef

I hope I havnt afended anyone but I had to speak lol [B)]

Apr 12, 2008
trimming of K03 tips is very common..
not much space down there to get it between the coolant pipe and turbo, and precious little land for the hose clip to clamp onto on turbos nose

I'm not debating that. I'm saying that it looks like the pipe was not trimmed, and has been fitted under stress.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I was just saying when or if you replace it go for the V2.2. I'm very happy with mine and it was a straight forward fit no issues at all.

Wasn't ment to be arsy if that's the way it was perceived. Internet allows no emotion lol.

I will be changing to a v2.2 just for the rep and the bad stories I have seen with the cm so far mine is ok thankfully but I won't run the risk long term. My own impatience is the only reason I brought it and was set on the Sfs or badger.

I have learnt my lesson :whistle:

spanner87

Oct 7, 2012
It fitted fine and the correct fitting procedure was followed,the part has been accepted as a faulty model that I should.t have received,the replacement was of a better construction,in the original photo the pipe was undisturbed on a hit engine after a good run hence the distortion after repeatedly collapsing,when removed from the car it tore in two due to repetetive stress and faulty construction,I'm begining to wish I hadn't started this thread as it has become a little hot under the collar,I wasn't trying to provoke reactions or start a debate,it was simply a "take a look at what a failed part looks like" regardless of questionability of the product construction itself,the owner of CM has been more than fair in explaining and rectifying the issue,its upon your own head to decide whether you decide to use the cheaper items or fall back on reputable products,its unfair to write off a company judging it by my thread, I'm sure forge and the likeness have had failures too.

Sorry for causing such a stir.

BoostHard

Complete Plonker
Nov 25, 2012
At Work.......
www.Passionford.com

Can I just say that before buying my Badger5 TIP I spoke with Nicki as I was
going to buy the CM 80mm TIP and he told me not to bother.
He said they are restrictive compared to the Badger and SFS TIP.

I went for the Bagder5 V3 tip in the end.

beastgtir

Dec 26, 2012
Well you can say its bad customer service from badger but he is here day in, day out giving free advise to people all the time while still tuning cars and running a business. Trying to help others solve problems and common issues without any charge.

Creation are down the down road from me, i've driven into the rear of the workshop by chance and there was some nice cars there incuding golf r32 turbos or supercharged and a few other nice cars.

Badgers main line of work is not to create products, do quality testing, reports etc so its only wise to outsource this to someone who does specialise in it. I think you will find this is how the majority of the retail industry works...

Progressive Parts, performance parts and tuning specialists