West Of London
taken from here but Vry good

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3336171

ForgeOEM1.png

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Im no forge Fan boy, but I would take that review with a pinch of salt. There is alt of **** that gets written on those forums.
It basicaly says the forge part has no increase in perfrmance.. which it isnt designed for... and the compressor surge talk is questionable really.
The forge valve was designed to replace the OEM DV which is prone to a splitting diapham on high boost applications ie; stage 1 remaps.
My DV diaphram tore back in 2006, and Forge had a look for themselves, and a year later came out with a replacment product. This product is proven to work and aliviate the issue with the diagram tearing.

Last edited:

cJ

Forge DV Valve

Hi, I have a Mk2 Leon FR 2.0TFSI running with Unitronic software stage 1+
The boost was highly increased, to 18 psi, and that has caused a failure to my dv valve, tore the diafragm.
The question is, what valve suits my car, there are 2 types from forge:
FMFSITV and the FMFSITVR. Which one is for my car? thank you a lot for the answer.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
its a good product but nowadays most people will go with the uprated valve thats found in the new tsi engines which ALSO work with TFSI (rev D) just search the forum for the part number...but its cheaper and easier to fit then installing the forge. plus that review is also quite old as the oem part is rev C which is known to split.

cJ

Thank you a lot Dave, so you recommend to install the OEM valve 06H145710D better than the forge one? i think this one has a piston, right? so with this new valve i wont have any problems again even with my car remaped? thank you a lot for you answer!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
its not about better peformance its about the function of it
the Forge DV was the only solution at the time of that review but now the rev D valve is out
It is better to go for it as its geniune (oem) no difference with performance but the reliability of it.
if you want the forge spacer for the wooshing noise yes it can be used with the rev D valve before you ask.

Last edited:

cJ

That is a very good point of view Dave. You're right, I should go for the D revision valve.
My car is still in waranty, so i will go for this valve. Thank you a lot Dave and Blade. Cheers!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I had no problem with the C, and no problems with the D either.

For what its worth, I got a secondf hand Forge Valve off an Edition 30 sat and it is still sat in a box waiting to be fitted, and it was still there when I bought the D valve.

In my opinion, the only benefit of the Forge Valve is that it would make is easer to install a boost gauge and for noise with the add on.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You making the trip down to Awesome for the RR day then?

Not sure yet bud. Turns out the office night out is that same night. If I did come, I would like to go on the r/r but seeing how its full already, not that I would get to, but even if I did, I would not like to push my way in and go to the front of the Q so I could cover the 400 miles home again by 5pm.

Having said that, I would probably have a few things done before hand if awesome ever email me back (no replies to 2 emails now). I guess a power run the night before on the same rollers would probably work. The other thread about the timing pulleys has made me think about having them done sooner rather than later, along with a new belt as well as perhaps a twintercooler to pair with the S3, lightened fly and get my coilovers fitted that have been sat in a box for close on 6 months now.

Also eagerly waiting to see how Mark (Z) gets on with the ITG vs the Dbilas.

Last edited:

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Not sure yet bud. Turns out the office night out is that same night. If I did come, I would like to go on the r/r but seeing how its full already, not that I would get to, but even if I did, I would not like to push my way in and go to the front of the Q so I could cover the 400 miles home again by 5pm.

Having said that, I would probably have a few things done before hand if awesome ever email me back (no replies to 2 emails now). I guess a power run the night before on the same rollers would probably work. The other thread about the timing pulleys has made me think about having them done sooner rather than later, along with a new belt as well as perhaps a twintercooler to pair with the S3, lightened fly and get my coilovers fitted that have been sat in a box for close on 6 months now.

Also eagerly waiting to see how Mark (Z) gets on with the ITG vs the Dbilas.

Igor has pulled out so there is only 1 on the reserve list now, so get your name down and i think you,ll be running on the day no problem.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
is it worth going for the d revision ? there not exactly expensive and by the time you have removed bits to inspect it then its probably just as quick to replace it. Oh and how easy is it to fit the boost guage ?

Thats what i did Steve. My C valve was giving no problems but thought i would just replace it with the D valve so i could forget it about it failing. Really don,t know why people spend all that money on a Forge - other than the bling factor.

If you want it to look factory as i did it takes ages to find a path through to the cabin from the engine bay, but its worth it from my point of view.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thats what i did Steve. My C valve was giving no problems but thought i would just replace it with the D valve so i could forget it about it failing. Really don,t know why people spend all that money on a Forge - other than the bling factor.

x2 :yes:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members