Forge TIP vs. dodgy china one

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Hi all

I managed to get my new Forge TIP on yesterday and relocation kit, and what a fight, there is absolutely NO space because of the brakecylinder on a LHD! So had to take bottom jubilee clip from the left side. [:@]

General observersions, forge TIP is harder and the overall feels is much better, MAF flows with "china" one, 190 g/s MAX vs. Forge TIP 202 g/s MAX. Both logged same day at around 15-16 celcius.

Conclusion: A silicone TIP isnt just a silicone TIP:)

Apart from that I got "brave" and fitted my HKS reloaded foam filter, which had a heat shield around it, but not in the TOP, nicer sound, but it must have sucked some hot air in, as is was down to 190 g/sec again.

So I'm going for stock airfilter box with a highflow panel in the future, thats for sure!:blink:

Question: Is JR the only one that makes panel filters for the Cupra R?

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
what 'china' tip do you have? I've been researching tip's for my LCR and initially decided on a THS but they dont have it in the colour I want (black). So have been looking at the chinese ones. The forge one whilst I'm sure is very good, its over double the price of the chinese ones. I've heard good things about the AUTOBAHN88 tip, a chinese made tip which is supposedly compareable to forge quality.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
autobahn 88 is what i use bloody good, but mine didnt come from china came from US same as one on ebay... and you cant knock it...

stay away form super cheap ones not branded, they are not reinforced... and are for look not performance................

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I dont know who maked it, but it's stated as "logpro" which is what a danish tuner here in denmark gets it branded, but it's a china one, thats for sure.

I forgot to mention that the car pulls more substained across the rev range.