Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

yak00

Oct 16, 2017
You're paying full cost of option over leasing period. Only you can decide if it's worth it or not.
True, always thought of having a pano sunroof on next car. Just checking this isn't similar to matt paint which I think looks great and originally got quotes for before checking this forum and subsequently various YouTube videos advising against this.
Pano sunroof would be factory build vs ~3 weeks without from the other broker. I'll sleep on it 👍

stunew60

Jan 26, 2021
Im pretty new to Seat/cupra, Bought the wife an Ibiza last year and had no problems on top of getting an excellent deal (about £2.5k cheaper than anyone else). I went for the Formentor in January and did the same thing. I live in southampton and did a lot of research on pricing and deals and it always came back to Johnson Seat in Liverpool. I strongly recommend contacting James Marshall in the liverpool branch. He smashed every price I had from anyone else on both cars and customer service is excellent. Only problem is that you have to collect the car from them as delivery is very expensive, not a deal breaker for me as it gave us a weekend in liverpool (Which being from down south is actually quite nice), also nothing better than a 250 mile trip home to really get a feel for the car. definatley worth talking to him if you have other quotes. not sure if im allowed to post his email address but you can find johnsons details online.

Reactions: IanH72

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
£3650 deposit and £402 a month for 47 months is what I am getting on VZ3 with Petrol Matt and Pan roof as optional extras. This is for a lease with 5k miles with no service package.

£3800 with £422 a month including maintenance.

yak00

Oct 16, 2017
£3650 deposit and £402 a month for 47 months is what I am getting on VZ3 with Petrol Matt and Pan roof as optional extras. This is for a lease with 5k miles with no service package.

£3800 with £422 a month including maintenance.
Not concerned about matt paint up keep, especially on a long lease?

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
That's the confusing bit. I want to see this color in person as to be honest I do not like any of the other colour apart from both the matt ones. So another option is to get it on pcp in white and do a wrap which would be about 2k.
A dealer in London is going to get a petrol blue in mid April so hoping to see it before placing order.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I think PCP would be more expensive and you will have to pay road tax yourself. If the P11D price will go above £40K, there's 3 x £490 to be paid over 4 years period. First year tax will be included in car price.

Wrapping white car in colour you want, might be better option and you will have unique car.

Apr 17, 2021
Hi all

I am entirely new to leasing cars and been trying to work out the mileage limits.

I am.keen to get the VZ2 as cheap as possible as monthly is important to us. 5000 miles seem to be too little and I reckon 8000 is probably best. However doing the math comparing excess mileage charge or extra monthly cost is almost the same over 4 years. Shall I just opt for the 5000 package and take a risk on the other end? Even at full extend of the mileage then it's 12000x9p which is alright I suppose. Car won't be used for regular long trips anyway.

Anything else to be concerned about on leasing? Is maintenance worth it? Tyres are about £140 each. Say I replace all 4 of them twice in the 4 years that works almost £30 a month which is almost as much as the maintenance.

I reckon the sweet spot is reduce the mileage to 5000 and take on the maintenance? It's a risk on the mileage but one I can take.

Advice?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
A lot was already covered in this thread, read couple of pages back. 4y PCH means being out of warranty in last year. It also means extra maintenance and service. I don't think you will need to change tyres twice with 20K total mileage. Depending on driving style, it's possible to survive on original set.

4y PCH means it will be expensive to get out of the deal earlier if needed. VWFS allows 55% of remaining payment for early termination but other funders are not generous and you have to pay 100% of remaining finance.

Taking maintenance, means that excess miles are more expensive. Is 9p per mile with maintenance included or excluded?

VWFS also allows to change mileage during contract and in past it was cheaper to buy extra miles during contract, than pay excess. For example, I deliberately took deal for 5K miles per annum and was going to pay 10.8p excess, but then modified my contract after a year, and extra 10K miles costed me only 6p per mile.

I personally keep to 2y PCH deals to avoid maintenance cost and boredom/expensive mistake. It's possible to extend lease with VWFS, I do keep it as an option and extended on previous car.

Reactions: Napmasterflash

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Hi all

I am entirely new to leasing cars and been trying to work out the mileage limits.

I am.keen to get the VZ2 as cheap as possible as monthly is important to us. 5000 miles seem to be too little and I reckon 8000 is probably best. However doing the math comparing excess mileage charge or extra monthly cost is almost the same over 4 years. Shall I just opt for the 5000 package and take a risk on the other end? Even at full extend of the mileage then it's 12000x9p which is alright I suppose. Car won't be used for regular long trips anyway.

Anything else to be concerned about on leasing? Is maintenance worth it? Tyres are about £140 each. Say I replace all 4 of them twice in the 4 years that works almost £30 a month which is almost as much as the maintenance.

I reckon the sweet spot is reduce the mileage to 5000 and take on the maintenance? It's a risk on the mileage but one I can take.

Advice?

My only advice is to do lots of research on different brokers and also direct with Cupra as the monthly price can vary quite a bit. The calculations on excess mileage will then vary between different businesses so then it becomes a job with the calculator.

I have maintenance and service included on my current lease car and it hasn't made financial sense and it is a bit of a comfort blanket but wouldn't do it again. One thought I had is if you go over the contracted mileage I would have thought there is a clause that maintenance costs could go up if you have include that.

Last edited:

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
A lot was already covered in this thread, read couple of pages back. 4y PCH means being out of warranty in last year. It also means extra maintenance and service. I don't think you will need to change tyres twice with 20K total mileage. Depending on driving style, it's possible to survive on original set.

4y PCH means it will be expensive to get out of the deal earlier if needed. VWFS allows 55% of remaining payment for early termination but other funders are not generous and you have to pay 100% of remaining finance.

Taking maintenance, means that excess miles are more expensive. Is 9p per mile with maintenance included or excluded?

VWFS also allows to change mileage during contract and in past it was cheaper to buy extra miles during contract, than pay excess. For example, I deliberately took deal for 5K miles per annum and was going to pay 10.8p excess, but then modified my contract after a year, and extra 10K miles costed me only 6p per mile.

I personally keep to 2y PCH deals to avoid maintenance cost and boredom/expensive mistake. It's possible to extend lease with VWFS, I do keep it as an option and extended on previous car.
Agnes knows. Better answer than mine!

Apr 17, 2021

Thanks! I reached out to your contact at lookers and waiting to hear back from them.

I am trying to stick to the £300 monthly hence why the 4 year option and currently I have seen it on the web at £306 with 9+47 and 5K miles.

Don't think I can justify changing cars every two years I am afraid!

I like the options you suggested about contract hire with VWFS directly. I am waiting on a call from local dealer but they don't seem very keen as they are pushing me towards PCP!

I have seen earlier in the thread folk getting their initial payment returned to them...how does that work or was it a special deal.

Sorry about all the questions...total newbie here when it comes to PCH!

Reactions: Yaz2010
Apr 17, 2021
Hey where abouts are you getting 306 pm from ?

Hi,

Here is a link to leaseloco or you can eve go to leasing.com.

5000 miles
9 months upfront
4 years
Solid White colour
No maintenance

It will probably go up to £330 something depending on your colour options

I got a quote last night from the same company for £376 for 8,000 miles, 9m upfront, 4 years, metallic and fully maintained incl tyres, servicing and breaks

The leaseloco site is cool however as it shows you a chart with prices over time. It has become much cheaper recently as it was at £500 a few months ago.

I was originally looking at the V2 auto which comes in the mid £200s but I can afford the VZ2 at these rates!

All prices are for personal lease. I am sure it will work out cheaper if you have a business to put it through.

feba286adcb5ef546f9e3870e048334b.jpg

Reactions: Yaz2010

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. This company is much cheaper than others. Is the road tax included for all 4 years ?

Apr 17, 2021
Thanks. This company is much cheaper than others. Is the road tax included for all 4 years ?
Yes it does. Here's is what I agreed eventually. Excess is at 6p per mile for non maintained and the particular company will allow extension as well

This is for the white

Just waiting on paperwork.

These sites are just brokers / price comparison sites by the way. I found a lot of the other sites recommended here were more expensive..at least for personal hire.

a398b6a4bee7491616797e3b7a196fd8.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.