Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

Apr 17, 2021
Ok, so total is £18,034.44, 4,508.61 per annum. It's not that bad, except it's still 4 years and no way out of contract if needed. Is it Leasing Options or some other company and who's the finance funder?

Regarding cars from Leasing Options, there's a thread about delays. Is it factory order or stock? See this thread: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/lease-delivery-times.465075/
Hi Agnes...glad you approve.

I changed the terms to 7,000 miles at the last minute hence the Jump from the original £306.

I believe they mentioned Arval on the phone as the funder but they have other slightly more expensive funders too.

There are a couple of white ones in stock (my colour preference) and she mentioned a few mettalic as well but I am just as happy waiting for factory as I would rather have a later build considering some issues elsewhere with software and infotainment. If I go factory order then looking at anything up to 20weeks which suits me actually as not in a hurry.

Just waiting on paperwork and slightly nervous as I bought and settled a few too many cars in the last month ( bought one, settled another but at the moment it looks as if own three cars!!!)

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Definitely better going for factory order or recently produced car, as there are some old stock cars waiting to be offloaded and you may get problematic software version.

johnd

Nov 18, 2018
Is there a thread anywhere for cash discounts (or can we discuss that here as well as PCP/PCH)? Best I can see at present is around 4%, which doesn't compare well with eg Golf R offers, but that may not be comparing like with like, ie VW may have built a higher margin into list price than Seat have with Formentor.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I doubt there are any special cash discounts. It might be better to take PCP with extra discount offers, services, etc and then settle it immediately. I would suggest going through Carwow and see what they can come up with or the other usual websites: Broadspeed, Drive The Deal, etc.

johnd

Nov 18, 2018
I doubt there are any special cash discounts. It might be better to take PCP with extra discount offers, services, etc and then settle it immediately. I would suggest going through Carwow and see what they can come up with or the other usual websites: Broadspeed, Drive The Deal, etc.
Yes, that's where the 4% comes from (Broadspeed IIRC). Carwow rarely seems to be a good hunting ground for cash discounts - I think 1% is the best there at present. And some the other familiar discounters (DTD, Carfile amongst others) are not offering Seat at all (Carfile) or if Seat is there, Cupra models are not (DTD). That's why I was wondering if I might have overlooked some other broker. Seat dealers still have fleet departments so significant discounts ought to be available if you press the right buttons.

TBH it's more to get a feel for what a realistic target price to haggle for at a local Cupra dealer might be. 4% discount appears to be the benchmark at present, but be good to spread the net a little wider.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
So 4% is advertised £1500 off. When I talked to salesman, there was this Cupra £1500 off offer and another £1000 or £1500 (don't remember) if you are changing from another brand, but you had to be registered keeper of the other car. Not sure if there was requirement to part exchange it, or just own it. The cheapest VZ2 I've seen, was on Autotrader at £32K and it was one car that had to be offloaded and it was gone in 1 day. Ex-demos are starting at £35K.

There's more than 50 brand new or demo Formentors on Autotrader now. Maybe one of the dealers will be willing to discount more from the advertised price. But quarter has ended, so no pressure to hit the targets now.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I ordered my VZ2 from Lakeside Seat/Cupra who are owned by Seat/Cupra, they gave £1000 off the price of the car plus another £1500 towards the PCP, there factory build times are less than franchise dealer, they quote 8-10 weeks. The only down side is they are a retail store so don’t have a garage that does maintenance/warranty work. I was told that I will have to take the car to any Seat/Cupra dealer for this.

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Ok, so total is £18,034.44, 4,508.61 per annum. It's not that bad, except it's still 4 years and no way out of contract if needed. Is it Leasing Options or some other company and who's the finance funder?

Regarding cars from Leasing Options, there's a thread about delays. Is it factory order or stock? See this thread: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/lease-delivery-times.465075/

Just to add my two cents

1. VWFS won't let you pick 5k miles
2. Leasing Options are all now factory orders, I don't think they have any physical stock left on that deal

Apr 17, 2021
@Stonepope recommended his contact to me Andrew Cunningham and I got chatting to him and he persuaded me to go for the V2 instead rather than the VZ2

The only reason I was going for the VZ2 was not the power but the adaptive suspension as the Leon FR MK3 I had was way too hard. I was never in it for the power.

We had an honest chat and considering I know that engine as I had it twice now I know it pulls quite well and is no way a slouch plus the fuel consumption will be something else entirely compared to the VZ2

The irony is that as soon as I hang up on Andrew I found out I was accepted on the finance for the VZ2 from leasing options!

At least Andrew's deal is with VWFS which may be a bit more flexible in the future.

What a day!!

Thanks @Agnes.Surrey @Stonepope for all the advice!

Reactions: Stonepope

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
There was a gossip about some V2 cars coming with adaptive suspension as a mistake spec. Maybe dealer can find out if there are such cars in UK and get you one.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
@Stonepope recommended his contact to me Andrew Cunningham and I got chatting to him and he persuaded me to go for the V2 instead rather than the VZ2

The only reason I was going for the VZ2 was not the power but the adaptive suspension as the Leon FR MK3 I had was way too hard. I was never in it for the power.

We had an honest chat and considering I know that engine as I had it twice now I know it pulls quite well and is no way a slouch plus the fuel consumption will be something else entirely compared to the VZ2

The irony is that as soon as I hang up on Andrew I found out I was accepted on the finance for the VZ2 from leasing options!

At least Andrew's deal is with VWFS which may be a bit more flexible in the future.

What a day!!

Thanks @Agnes.Surrey @Stonepope for all the advice!

So have you gone for the VZ2 or V2?

Apr 17, 2021
So have you gone for the VZ2 or V2?
V2 after all. Sorry to disappoint you @Ricknffc

I know you tried your best on the other thread!

I just hope what he said on the phone was right about the suspension.

My approval for the VZ2 is valid for three months so can always revert to it I suppose. But it was £75 more a month. I got the V2 for £252 for 8,000 miles on 9+47. Not bad!

Apr 17, 2021
There was a gossip about some V2 cars coming with adaptive suspension as a mistake spec. Maybe dealer can find out if there are such cars in UK and get you one.
Thanks @Agnes.Surrey. Think this would be a factory order so I doubt it but I will ask. You never know. Shame Cupra does not offer it as an option as it would be the best of both worlds really. Must not need it I suppose.

Thanks.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
So 4% is advertised £1500 off. When I talked to salesman, there was this Cupra £1500 off offer and another £1000 or £1500 (don't remember) if you are changing from another brand, but you had to be registered keeper of the other car. Not sure if there was requirement to part exchange it, or just own it. The cheapest VZ2 I've seen, was on Autotrader at £32K and it was one car that had to be offloaded and it was gone in 1 day. Ex-demos are starting at £35K.

There's more than 50 brand new or demo Formentors on Autotrader now. Maybe one of the dealers will be willing to discount more from the advertised price. But quarter has ended, so no pressure to hit the targets now.
Discount of 6.9% available off list (plus potentially more) with SEAT finance at 3.9%, see attached

johnd

Nov 18, 2018
OK, thanks. That deep link doesn't seem to work directly, but googling autoebid and formentor does the trick (at least if you're logged in to autoebid already). But cash discount is only 2.9%. The 6.6% figure is presumably clawed back from overcharging for credit on PCP/PCH, as usual with these things. (I understand about cancelling PCP quickly, but not sure I can be bothered with the extra hassle.) But. no matter, that's a useful extra data point - I had forgotten about autoebid. So something around £1500 saving seems to be the potential saving for cash for a VZ2 310 - not specially generous but a useful haggling target.

Still need to borrow one for a couple of hours for a test drive so not quite ready to pull the trigger yet, but the test is lined up for the near future. Pretty sure the drive will be fine, but doubts about the ergonomics of the all-touch infotainment etc remain and I wish that there weren't so many stories of poor dealer service around. Then it's the choice between red or black, maybe with camouflage as an outsider.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Is there a thread anywhere for cash discounts (or can we discuss that here as well as PCP/PCH)? Best I can see at present is around 4%, which doesn't compare well with eg Golf R offers, but that may not be comparing like with like, ie VW may have built a higher margin into list price than Seat have with Formentor.
They want you in the finance/PCP system. I bought mine in March 2020, I got £2000 discount and £1750 deposit contribution. My suggestion would be trying to find an ex-demo. Walk in, ask for best deal, take both "discounts" and then smash the PCP off after a month. I've now paid my PCP off after 1 year. I very much doubt you'd ever get £4k discount for a cash purchase but you'd get close with the deposit contribution (and an ex-demo is more likely to get a good deal IMO)

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
OK, thanks. That deep link doesn't seem to work directly, but googling autoebid and formentor does the trick (at least if you're logged in to autoebid already). But cash discount is only 2.9%. The 6.6% figure is presumably clawed back from overcharging for credit on PCP/PCH, as usual with these things. (I understand about cancelling PCP quickly, but not sure I can be bothered with the extra hassle.) But. no matter, that's a useful extra data point - I had forgotten about autoebid. So something around £1500 saving seems to be the potential saving for cash for a VZ2 310 - not specially generous but a useful haggling target.

Still need to borrow one for a couple of hours for a test drive so not quite ready to pull the trigger yet, but the test is lined up for the near future. Pretty sure the drive will be fine, but doubts about the ergonomics of the all-touch infotainment etc remain and I wish that there weren't so many stories of poor dealer service around. Then it's the choice between red or black, maybe with camouflage as an outsider.
I purchased mine on a PCP to benefit from the £1500 deposit contribution and the 2 services for £199 offer.

I exercised my right to withdraw from the agreement and I’ve now got 30 days to settle the outstanding finance.

Doing it this way helped me save over £3,500!

AndyRJones

Apr 28, 2021
Cupra Formentor V2 DSG PCH Deal

No options but came with electric tailgate as it was stock - Urban Silver (Don't judge it was my favourite when i viewed them all)

48 months 10k miles £318 down and 47 x 318

I can not imagine anyone has a better V2 DSG deal than that?

Reactions: Yaz2010
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.