Formentor PCP & PCH offers thread

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Cupra Formentor V2 DSG PCH Deal

No options but came with electric tailgate as it was stock - Urban Silver (Don't judge it was my favourite when i viewed them all)

48 months 10k miles £318 down and 47 x 318

I can not imagine anyone has a better V2 DSG deal than that
Seems to be about the going rate for that spec; though I see Nationwide Vehicle Contracts have one Inc the tailgate and metallic paint marked as "coming soon" and £297.54 crossed out whatever that means!

Apr 17, 2021

No options but came with electric tailgate as it was stock - Urban Silver (Don't judge it was my favourite when i viewed them all)

I can not imagine anyone has a better V2 DSG deal than that?
Mine worked out a little bit cheaper even with the advanced safety pack. But it was for 9 months upfront in white (free!) And for 3 years and 8K miles. Came in at £274 as I was keen to keep it below the £300 mark.

So nothing like your deal in other words!!

I am.new to leasing so a lot to learn. I get the feeling 2 years is the sweet spot if you just focus on total cost rather than monthly.

However, I opted for three for various reasons unrelated to the car buying process.

Well done on the deal! Long wait however. Mine is a factory order estimated at September but with all the chip shortages, it may be a Xmas present!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike the_cupra

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
48 x 318 = 15,024 / 4 = 3,756 per annum cost. (metallic)
44 x 274 = 12,056 / 3 = 4,018 per annum cost (solid)

£262 difference in cost per annum between 3y and 4y PCH. But 4y PCH might have higher maintenance cost, like service, tyres and car will be out of warranty in last year.

Reactions: Yaz2010 and mm8718

AndyRJones

Apr 28, 2021
Seems to be about the going rate for that spec; though I see Nationwide Vehicle Contracts have one Inc the tailgate and metallic paint marked as "coming soon" and £297.54 crossed out whatever that means!
That will be with 6 or 9 months up front i expect

AndyRJones

Apr 28, 2021
48 x 318 = 15,024 / 4 = 3,756 per annum cost. (metallic)
44 x 274 = 12,056 / 3 = 4,018 per annum cost (solid)

£262 difference in cost per annum between 3y and 4y PCH. But 4y PCH might have higher maintenance cost, like service, tyres and car will be out of warranty in last year.
Not if you got the service plan included including 1st MOT

Apr 17, 2021
Not if you got the service plan included including 1st MOT
If you are referring to the SEAT service plan they usually just offer the 2 year plan. Cupra care is only for the three years and only free on the Ateca for now.

Unless you are referring to leasing maintenance plans and that is a different story that would add to the cost.

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
I'll add my lease details

Via leasingoptions I got a VZ2 310hp with graphene grey special metallic, 10k miles a year, 48 months for £469 per month, with 1 month deposit

That includes maintenance which is important for me, I want risk free motoring as best as I can.

I was originally told arrival in July but now it's looking like August or beyond, due to the ongoing microchip shortage.

Reactions: Mike the_cupra

CupraPoopra

Mar 15, 2021
Happy to share mine to help others.

PCH/Lease

1.5 V2 DSG in Urban Silver/Blue Leather

No options other than the cost of metallic paint (£462.50 + VAT)

1 + 23 (10,000 miles per annum)

1 x £336.89 + 23 x £336.89.

Not bothered with servicing/maintenance as I'm hoping I should only need 1 service over the 23/24 months.

Excess mileage is 5p + VAT per mile. Normally do a 12,000 miles per annum lease, but difficult to estimate mileage going forward in the post Covid world. Not sure if clients will still want face to face meetings, or happy to continue online.

Apr 17, 2021
Quick question from a newbie when it comes to leasing

When getting an insurance quote, will I be the registered keeper of the car for insurance purposes as I understand I am not liable for tax and I will not receive the V5?

I am assuming I am not the owner and the leasing company will be the owner?

Thanks!

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Quick question from a newbie when it comes to leasing

When getting an insurance quote, will I be the registered keeper of the car for insurance purposes as I understand I am not liable for tax and I will not receive the V5?

I am assuming I am not the owner and the leasing company will be the owner?

Thanks!

Moneysupermarket (the site I usually use) has the option to select if you are not the registered keeper, in which case more dropdown appear so you can say who is the RK on the V5 (leasing company). It usually adds about £100 to the annual premium - worth it though for the cheapness of PCH over PCP!

Reactions: mm8718
Apr 17, 2021
Moneysupermarket (the site I usually use) has the option to select if you are not the registered keeper, in which case more dropdown appear so you can say who is the RK on the V5 (leasing company). It usually adds about £100 to the annual premium - worth it though for the cheapness of PCH over PCP!
Thanks

I thought I was the registered keeper ...just never have the V5 sent to me?

Yeah I noticed the hike in premium too. Annoying that!!

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
You choose lease - private in owner and registered keeper. Some companies ask for the name of company who's the owner. Difference in price may be none or minimum. Actually, only this year my insurance company asked me about RK, when I was doing quote on the phone. I had leased and owned cars at the same time on multi car policy since 2012, and they never asked me about it before.

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Thanks

Unfortunately not, the RK will get the fines sent to them first, which is why the lease companies add their admin fees to any before posting to you (plus side, they settle immediately so nothing can escalate to courts etc in the case of unpaid council parking PCNs!)

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I think it depends on the company if they settle or not. They take fee for forwarding driver details, some of them even £40. So it's better not to get any fines or tickets on lease car.

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Thanks

I suppose their thinking is lease drivers are higher risk than owner-drivers as the car isn't theirs, so they might "rag it" more! True really when you think about it! :p

Apr 17, 2021
I suppose their thinking is lease drivers are higher risk than owner-drivers as the car isn't theirs, so they might "rag it" more! True really when you think about it! :p
On the contrary in my case! I live by the sea... therefore Sand...I have two 8 year olds and a small dog....and car comes with blue Nappa leather....I will be cleaning it every weekend fearful of damages!!

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I’m surprised people are seeing £100 price difference based on who’s the owner/keeper. Normally it’s negligible/nothing in my experience.

It varies by finance company so worth checking with them. In the past I’ve just put the finance co (VWFS, Lex Autolease (Jaguar), Leasys (Abarth), RCI (Nissan)) as both owner and keeper but this time round with Arval they asked me to record it as “ c/o Arval Ltd”.

I do wonder how significant this information actually is though, whether your policy could actually be voided or a claim rejected based on naming yourself versus the lease company as RK/owner.

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk

I can not imagine anyone has a better V2 DSG deal than that?
That's pretty good, I am awaiting delivery on mine this friday, same as you V2 DSG Silver. 24 months 10k miles £373 down 23 x £373, was in stock and roughly 5 weeks from order to scheduled delivery.