Formentor Steering wheel lock

Sep 5, 2021
Hi all, new here. Just purchased a VZ Edition yesterday, used, collect it next week.

Looking to invest in a steering lock and a faraday box/pouch. Firstly any recommendations on the faraday?
secondly has anyone put a steering lock on theirs, not sure if one will fit with the stop/start button and the driving mode button on the steering wheel. Thanks.

Reactions: jcbmally and ramaB

Deleted member 131219

Hi all, new here. Just purchased a VZ Edition yesterday, used, collect it next week.

Looking to invest in a steering lock and a faraday box/pouch. Firstly any recommendations on the faraday?
secondly has anyone put a steering lock on theirs, not sure if one will fit with the stop/start button and the driving mode button on the steering wheel. Thanks.
I use a Halfords steering lock: it fits just fine. Click here

Tormentor

May 3, 2021

I seem to remember reading that the keys don’t transmit when static, no need for a faraday pouch.

Deleted member 131219

Use the Disclock From Euro Parts , £120.00 bit pricey but great protection, The other makes might make marks on steering wheel,
I have a Disklok, but find it too bulky to store in the car when not in use. So I use the Halfords one and the Disklok's steering wheel protector. It's just for show anyway, a visual deterrent agaisnt the casual thief. The real deterrent against the serious thief is the AutoWatch Ghost.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
I seem to remember reading that the keys don’t transmit when static, no need for a faraday pouch.
i use a faraday pouch, I tried unlocking the car with one in pouch and one in pocket guess what the pouch key did not work so the pouch is doing its job.£5 for a pair off amazon.as for steering lock i dont bother anymore i just lock my car.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
i did use a steering lock in the past but found it a pain storing it and some can mark the nice leather so be wary. These cars are quite secure especially if you put keys away in a faraday pouch.

CupraLiam

Feb 19, 2012
Nr Leicester, East midlands
I have this steering lock on my Formentor. Just gives that bit of added security plus the stitching matches the interior

Attachments

• 20210925_065153.jpg
    20210925_065153.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 356

Deleted member 131219

I have this steering lock on my Formentor. Just gives that bit of added security plus the stitching matches the interior
That looks interesting; how does the fingerprint smart functionality work? There's not much info on the product page itself.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I read this on here too, is there anywhere it's formally documented as it's a little difficult to test?

I guess you could leave the key on the roof for a while (how long?) and then try the door!

jg4

Mar 3, 2014
Stoplock pro elite fits perfectly:

4df8ace3fb17ba889316f09ca22aa002.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
I have a disklok (small) and that fits over my wheel. I have VZ2 310, so have the extra buttons and flappy paddles. 👍🏼 Got faraday pouch off Amazon, plenty on there, wasn’t expensive and works as I’ve tested it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.