Formentor VZ2 2.0 245. "VAQ"

Mar 20, 2023
Hi all!

In the process of placing an order for a new Formentor V2 but I am a bit stuck.

VZ2 2.0 245 or V2 2.0 190 ???

Price wise I m being offered more or less the same monthly PCP payment for both (added Safety pack XL and electric tailgate to the V2)

Really want the V2 because of the 4drive. However VZ2 has a more powerful engine, DCC, bigger brakes and some visual upgrades. Let down is the 2 wheel drive with with XDS differential lock. I see a lot of European countries now offer VZ2 245 with limited slip differential VAQ however I can not find anywhere whether if this is the same with the UK model. Can anybody confirm if VAQ is on the UK 245 2.0 petrol model? Also is it a noticeable improvement over XDS or should I stick with the 190 4drive ?

Thanks

Wrighton

May 29, 2015
United Kingdom
I was in the same boat this time last year. Couldn’t decide between the V2 190 or the 2.0 245 VZ1 (no VZ2)…

Zero regrets going for the VZ1 after test driving the V2. Fake exhausts just don’t do it for me and yes 4wd would be nice, but I haven’t regretted it with the bit of snow we’ve had (despite how hopeless the Bridgestone Turanzas are).

I got a full spec sheet for mine and it says it’s fitted with the front differential lock, part no 1Y2. So I suspect it’s the XDS, dunno.

The only experience I had sliding in the snow felt controlled though all 4 brakes.

Mar 20, 2023
I was in the same boat this time last year. Couldn’t decide between the V2 190 or the 2.0 245 VZ1 (no VZ2)…

Zero regrets going for the VZ1 after test driving the V2. Fake exhausts just don’t do it for me and yes 4wd would be nice, but I haven’t regretted it with the bit of snow we’ve had (despite how hopeless the Bridgestone Turanzas are).

I got a full spec sheet for mine and it says it’s fitted with the front differential lock, part no 1Y2. So I suspect it’s the XDS, dunno.

The only experience I had sliding in the snow felt controlled though all 4 brakes.
Thanks for that. Although not making my decision much easier 😂. Part 1Y2 appears to be the xds lock. I had a test drive in the 150 and spinned the wheels 2 times within the first 5 mins. However it wasn't as bad as my current front drive BMW which makes a horrendous noise like the car is about to snap in half every time the front wheel spins and the ESC kicks in. I was very happy with a 190 test drive. Perhaps need to try and test drive a 245 and then decide. Thanks again.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Thanks for that. Although not making my decision much easier 😂. Part 1Y2 appears to be the xds lock. I had a test drive in the 150 and spinned the wheels 2 times within the first 5 mins. However it wasn't as bad as my current front drive BMW which makes a horrendous noise like the car is about to snap in half every time the front wheel spins and the ESC kicks in. I was very happy with a 190 test drive. Perhaps need to try and test drive a 245 and then decide. Thanks again.
The tyres fitted to the car could’ve been a contributory factor for the wheel spin you experienced.

I used to get this in my VW Polo GTI+ with the tyres fitted from the factory. Changed the tyres to what I considered to be a better, more appropriate brand for a 200 ps GTI and no more wheel spinning.

Reactions: Ajko89

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
I am confused, isn't vz2 upper spec and V2 doesn't have 4drive?

Unless you want economy, go with vz2 surely. Plus you get heated steering wheel in vz2 afaik. Which sounds like a gimmick but is a must have in cold weather in my opinion.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I am confused, isn't vz2 upper spec and V2 doesn't have 4drive?

Unless you want economy, go with vz2 surely. Plus you get heated steering wheel in vz2 afaik. Which sounds like a gimmick but is a must have in cold weather in my opinion.
Heated steering wheel in the V2 as well (y) . Never thought I'd use it but it's been fantastic this winter, particularly as I've got a bit of arthritis in my fingers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise