Formentor VZ2 for review

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Does the car remember the mode it was left on and if it does, does it open the exhaust valves after warming up in Cupra mode.

Did the wheel hubs get rusty on the test car?

Compared to Leon Mk3 FR, how is the ride comfort and steering feel?

What was your long term normal usage mpg. I've seen some reviewers show MPG in the range of 23-24 mpg and then some others show mpg over 35.
Regarding the hubs - 3,000 miles done and they’re still nice and silver. No spots of rust either. Due some rain over the weekend so will see if anything appears.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Thanks so much.
Here’s a picture of me sat behind the drivers seat with it as far back as it’ll go. I’m 5’11 and I’d be fairly comfortable sat there.

Attachments

• 04C430B1-8CBC-406D-932E-8AF0D6CFCAA9.jpeg
    04C430B1-8CBC-406D-932E-8AF0D6CFCAA9.jpeg
    541.3 KB · Views: 201
  • B59F6B88-7E47-4972-B66E-81E92CC4142C.jpeg
    B59F6B88-7E47-4972-B66E-81E92CC4142C.jpeg
    877.4 KB · Views: 194

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Please check if it is possible to fit two people next to a child seat on the back. I'm sure it would be tight, but is it impossible or just uncomfortable.

The car is wider than a Leon so it might offer a bit more space when the child seat is installed.
As I suspected a baby seat (quite a large one) and two adults in the back is very very snug! Wouldn’t like to do long journeys

Reactions: jcbmally and Peyton

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
Here’s a picture of me sat behind the drivers seat with it as far back as it’ll go. I’m 5’11 and I’d be fairly comfortable sat there.

Thank you very much - my eldest is only around the 5' mark at the moment, so that appears to work nicely.

If nothing else, that proves that the re-configuration of the seating has helped rear leg room over the Golf, despite being not much bigger a vehicle overall. My eldest was very uncomfortable in the rear of my Mk7 Golf GTD, and that was 4 years ago when he was much shorter.

Reactions: jcbmally

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I just watched this YouTube review of the Cupra VZ2
he really liked it

I'm not sure if reviewers are this positive about all cars, but Formentor got almost exclusively positive reviews. Only complaints that show up is the fake noise and no physical buttons.

BTW it was interesting to see that Achilles felt that strongly against 245 PS hybrid Leon Cupra, he hated it that much he did review it as he would be too negative. I doubt it is that bad, but something to note.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Had anyone noticed that apart from him and the cargurus channel , no other main stream channel like whatcar , carwow , auto express, top gear , auto trader have put any video review for this car at all. They all have written ones but no youtube review considering it's been nearly 5 months since the launch.

Reactions: IanH72

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Had anyone noticed that apart from him and the cargurus channel , no other main stream channel like whatcar , carwow , auto express, top gear , auto trader have put any video review for this car at all. They all have written ones but no youtube review considering it's been nearly 5 months since the launch.
Carwow has it for long term testing, they had a instagram story about a month ago.

Achilles mentioned journalist crashed/damaged the car just before he was supposed to get it (couple of months ago), it probably slowed down the review schedule.

Reactions: Yaz2010

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Why is my mpg 20 after 1st week. Its been INDIVIDUAL mode...help!!! Disastrous
New cars are always pants on fuel. Mine improved after a couple of thousand miles, also weather makes a difference to fuel consumption.

Reactions: Hoff

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
A few people have responded with ' you shouldn't worry about fuel consumption if your buying a car like this' and that's all fine. Your stupid if your buying a VZ variant for efficient fuel consumption and I certainly didn't buy it for this reason but it's still important for me to get back some half decent mpg from time to time so it's not constantly burning a hole in my pocket. Especially when I've got the family on board and there is very little appreciation from going around in cupra 's' mode. I'm still plucking up the courage to take my missus out for a launch 0-60. Think I may just get a load of verbals though ha

Reactions: Hoff