Found the boost leak issue LCR!|

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
After a few hundred pounds of searching, and vagcom's, the problem has been found,

The issue was after swapping the std DV for a recirc, the car was wheezing and didnt have alot of boost,

Work this one out then,..............

2 blades bent backwards on the turbo??

So now what?? Im so short of cash and CANNOT afford a new turbo, Does anyone know my best 'cheapest' option??

Many thanks - Chrissy

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
The standard DV is a recirculating one, so when you replaced it with an after market one you replaced like for like, it soulds like something has gone through the turbo, cheapest option would be a second hand one.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
The LCR 210 has a K04-20 turbo LCR 225 has a K04-23. Yes it would probably cheaper to buy a new or reconditioned one.I am sure some peeps will be along shorty to tell you if the K04-22 fits, but i am pretty sure it does.

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Sounds like you had compressor surge, air flowing wrong way thru turbo! Hence bent...:cry:

JamJay

California Bound
If you're short of cash, going hybrid won't be what you're after. You need the car Stage 2/3 mapped at the same time of it'll be more than your turbo blades bending. You need to reign in the torque or you'll be your rods, as a member on here found out a couple of months back!

On another note, I thought both 210 & 225 used K04-023?

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Turbo Force, Are collecting the turbo wednesday, For a new comp wheel & Rebuild @ £290 plus vat,

That sound any good?

Chrissy

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
£290 = Vat sounds ok.

Don't forget you will need new gaskets.
Plus while you're at it new oil feed pipe for the tubby. These are £72.27 incl VAT.
I think the part no is:
06A145778N

The gaskets are a few quid.