fourtwofive ibiza daily project

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Mine's a Turbo Dynamics hybrid, the MD445.

I love it, instant kick of torque that makes the car scrabble for grip with no lag whatsoever. The car just gets up and goes.

The key is in the map imo - I asked Bill (Badger5) to make it as aggressive as possible which is just what I like. I've been out in others (without rods) with more mild, progressive maps that didn't impress me so much.

It's enough power for a small little hatch but given that I've gone to the trouble of rebuilding my engine and gearbox with uprated components I will probably investigate BT next year, time will tell...

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
That was at the flywheel, in 30 deg ambient heat

Numbers only tell half a story, the torque delivery is where these excel in my opinion :)

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
I am interested to see how the lupo runs with better cooling. I am keeping my eye on the build
Unfortunetly I have another blue smoke problem that I need to investigate.
If the car is sat overnight I get a bit of blue smoke when car gets to 90 at idle then nothing driving so annoying. I put cheap 5w 40 that's not suited of turbos so I think it might be that

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
update no smoke anymore it was my fault for installing oil catch can. the car could not breath so i put the old pvc vavle on she runs sweet again no play in turbo. few !

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
The same as you did on yours ditched all hard lines blocked inlet off but rather than running down the wing, mine went oil catch can but has a breather filter on the can
Turns out it was restricting engine from breathing right
So oil pressure was high and overnight my turbo seals where leaking a tiny bit causing oil to burn only on cold start. All fixed now :)

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
Not a daily car far from it. Your right venting down the wing is a better option at least it has a chance to breath. I worryed so much when it smoked I thought here we go third turbo lol
But after having inlet outlet and tip off and had no signs of oil or play in turbo.
I was so confused.
After a huge google sesh found a guy who had it happen on his civic turbo. And boom all fixed no smoke strange

Jul 4, 2010
Cambs
Least its fixed now, given you an excuse to get a hybrid quicker! Give the venting down the wing a try with 19mm see if it helps

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
Few updates of current state. hnr 20mm spacers came finerly
Also stripped out and one pic of enine bay getting their,

24c6a84d.jpg

e21eb001.jpg

Aug 8, 2010
greenock
Looks awesome mate! I really want different wheels for mine but got other things to get out the way first unfortunately