Fr 1.9TDI performance improvements?!

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
If you have the torque limited, it will save your clutch from slipping...................................but whats the point in that :)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Great thread.

Enjoyed that 'discussion' - My 150 FR remap is on Monday, I'm gonna see how the clutch feels after its done, then deciede my fate.

Even though I don't mind knocking the gears down to overtake etc (thats how I drive) it would still be nice to be able to floor it in 5th/6th without using my bodies enegry to change down gears.

Hopefuly in the mean-time one of the lovely sponsors will come up with a sexual discount to see me right ;) OR drive nicely till bonus time in April.

Saying all that, I havn't flexed my 'overdraft' muscles lately! Surely thats what it's there for! :ban:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
good luck mate as t.Spark said earlier in the thread just don'e boot it under 2000rpm i had my car re-mapped to 314 ft/lb on a standard clutch and i did the same as T.Spark and i never had a problem either granted it was only like that for about 12,000 miles then i got the uprated clutch and big turbo but to be fair i still can't floor it under 2000rpm lol best of luck.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Did you get just the clutch or flywheel too?

I take it even with the sports clutch you get major slippage under full throttle?

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i don't get any clutch slip atall i just had the clutch as the uprated flywheel is ment to make noises when your sat at idle and its verry much an on or off thing not great when you do alot of miles

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Are you going to get it remapped again after you get un uprated clutch?

Stage 2?

Quite possibly yes. I don't drive my car like I've just nicked it like I used to. I'm much more mellow now I've had kids....

I just like the feeling of top end power increases. Cruising along at 50-60mph on the motorway and watching it goto 90-100mph.

I don't like to go through loads of tyres so quick starts and spinning up is a no no for me. Shame about my sideways motion.....

T. Spark

Forgot about this thread, and the lack of common sense some members seem to have on here!

Maybe his women has some...

Anyway, hope you enjoy the remap matey, I regular put my foot down, but not at 1,200rpm and expect my clutch to last ;)

Everybody with a diesel likes that 'urge' at 2kish :)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Just hope its not raining as my wipers are driving me mad.

Retro wipers ordered for Tuesday, but if it's raining on Monday I'm gonna have to turn stereo up quote loud to blank out the stupid wiper judder noises.

Shall report back when its done......not long to wait now.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I'm all remapped up.

Conclusion.......Much quicker car. Love the top end power increase now, how amazing is going from 80mph to 120mph :eek:

Clutch was fine all the wap back and with the test while Will sits in. Got home, tooke some people for a spin and had lots of judder in 3rd/4th when climbing hills @ around 2,000PRM.

So it looks like a new clutch and flywheel on the shopping list now. Its perfect when its just me in the car but as soon as it loads up with some weight it struggles with the torque by my guesstimation.

Also, anyone else notice the amount of smoke after a remap on a TDI? Or is it just my car?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Yeh, very much so!

Certainly gonna get the clutch and flywheel done next. I'm just gonna go look under the setee for a spare £991.42.

Yup, I found the 42p, only £991 to find now :)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
What makes you think you need a new flywheel ?

I dunno, it's most likely me just be over cautious.

and.........if something is 'juddering' now and I can't afford to replace the clutch till march/april then the 'judders' may have degraded the flywheel by then??

Husbandofstinky - let me know how urs gets on after the clutch and remap.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I dunno, it's most likely me just be over cautious.

and.........if something is 'juddering' now and I can't afford to replace the clutch till march/april then the 'judders' may have degraded the flywheel by then??

When you say "juddering" do you mean slipping or vibrating? If the clutch is vibrating the the rubber in the DMF is breaking up and the DMF will need replacing. If you are only getting clutch slip the worst that can happen is the face of the flywheel will get burned which can easily get fixed by having the flywheel face skimmed by companies like Kestrel Transmissions for about £50, not that most garages will tell you this as it is more profitable for them if they get you to buy a new DMF.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.