FR Missing Washer Level Warning is there an alternative

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
I accept that my FR dosent tell me what my washer fluid is running low, but is there a way to make it so,

whats actually missing parts wise?, can a dealer modify? can i modify?

richpaul

Oh. lol, ive been waiting for the warning to come on since i bought it. Im still on the same bottle of fluid since new and ive done nearly 9000 miles. I guess one day it will just stop working then with no warning. Best think about opening the bonnet!

yell_oh

Nov 5, 2006
It wouldn't be so bad if the bottle wasn't hidden in the wing! You can't even check how much you have left. I was caught out the other day on a wet motorway, had to get off at the next exit and visit halfords for some ready mixed!!

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
thats useful/interesting , well it is for stylance owners! Sorry FR owners !!

Gazza999

My FR does indicate when the washer level is low, it's shown as a yellow/amber icon in the MFD, pretty much the same as the other VW/AUDI group cars.

badtastebear

Jan 29, 2007
Berkshire
our reference sport hasnt got one done 9000 miles and its just ran out.. mad really as our 05 FR has got a warning light..they reckon if you have bluetooth u do get a warning

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
My 56 Plate FR (with bluetooth) has the low warning at the top of the MFD.
It can be annoying as unlike our Alhambra where it comes on for a few seconds and then stays off until the next time you start the engine, on the Leon it flahes up every few seconds.

illustrious

Converted Beezer lover..
Apr 5, 2005
Worcestershire
I believe if you have the large MFD (which you get with the bluetooth option) the washer warning shows at the top in yellow, where the fuel warning also shows. Not run my washer low yet so haven't seen it happen.

Gazza999

Gazza - Is yours a 56 reg Leon? When was it built?
Yep, 56 plate, not too sure as to the production week when it was actually built..
Any other options you have?

Winter pack for example?
The car has B/tooth, winter pack, heated seats, convenience pack, Xenons, and Ipod connection.

Do you have the bluetooth option?

Yep, as above.

Sorry for the delay in posting a reply.....Too busy earning some £'s to pay for the long list of options :cry:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.