'FR' Side De-Badged - Reveals Missing Lacquer

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Don't believe it! De-badged the SEAT from the rear of my car yesterday, came off very easily and the rubbery stuff peeled off pretty easily using my finger.

Wanted to remove the side indicator 'FR' badges too as I like the slick look of the Audi's - these too came off really easily but the sticky stuff isn't like the rear rubbery stuff.

Removing it is gonna be a nightmare and I reckon its gonna take me hours to do just one side, but thats not the real problem...

On closer inspection it looks like the clear lackquer has been sprayed on with the badges already in place, so when I took them off there is a 'FR' shaped area that has no lacquer. The area outside the 'FR' looks like it will peel really easily - quite visable where the lacquer ends.

What to do? Would it be possible to get lackquer sprayed on to the missing areas without doing the whole wing? Would it seal/blend the lacquer line in properly?

If not am I best just putting the FR badges back on? And if so what with? EEK!

Was going so well too!!!!!!!

p.s - I read that using Auto Glym glass polish takes that sticky rubbery stuff and it did very well with the rear badges but not touching the FR side badges.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If your going to put the badges back on it might be best to just touch up the unlacquerd part with a touch up brush just to seal the edges. You could then use the stickey double sided pads that are used for sticking the interior mirror to the winscreen to refit the badges.
Either that or speak to someone like http://www.scratch-wizard.co.uk

Good luck mate

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Cheers,

Just spent hours using google to see if anyone else has had this but I can't find owt about it.

In two minds as to what to do.......gonna take a pic of it 2mrw, just to make sure its not normal when debadging.

Anyone know what the stuff is called that sticks the badges to paintwork? If it is the clear coat peeling (i presume clear coat is another term for lacquer) then you cant touch it up cos the lacquer wont bond to the paintwork as it wont be clean enough etc to bond to.

****!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.