FR TDi 150 Remaps..

PiRoMaNiA

Which is the best remap out there for the TDi 150, i notice revo do a PD 150 (is that the same?)

Anyone with one want to post their bhp and where they had it from etc so i can do a comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Search and you will find. It's been discussed to death and pretty much all of the big and not so big names in the remap world do stuff for the PD150 engine. As to which is "best" that's dependant on what you want from it.

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
PiRoMaNiA said:
Which is the best remap out there for the TDi 150, i notice revo do a PD 150 (is that the same?)

Anyone with one want to post their bhp and where they had it from etc so i can do a comparison.

Are you worried about warranty? I am and thats whats putting me of. I would go Revo but thats because they do it about 8 miles away from me.

paul26982

good thing with revo is you can turn it on and off, why would i be worried, probly only tell if they take my car for test drive

PiRoMaNiA

schnipps said:
Are you worried about warranty? I am and thats whats putting me of. I would go Revo but thats because they do it about 8 miles away from me.

Warranty is an issue, but revo like most say can be turned off.. and theres one about 8 miles from me too ;D but custom-code is like 5 miles away also :D

BlackCupraa

2.0 BOOST
Sep 18, 2004
Chesterfield
I would go Custom Code - as i have been in a few remapped DERVs from CC and they all put a smile on my face after a quick drive

Pop along to one of the Rother Valley meets and have a word with Mike or Mark see if they will take you out for a quick spin (keeping to her majestys speed limits of course)

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
Dont you have to buy the sps which is another 150 quid though, so with revo and sps and extra insurance premium its going towards 800 quid which is quite a whack. Im not so sure about if they can tell or not, my mate knows the Audi assist bloke quite well as he has a 2.0 tdi a3 new shape and the assist blokes say its easy to tell as its scrambles the code so anyone looking through diagnostic port at the dealers will be avble to tell even if its beed disabled. Im not sure, im dubious about that, still a massive risk for me though.

yellowperil

May 17, 2005
I have the ibiza cupra tdi 160 and its about the same engine as your. Had it remapped by chipboost and very happy with the results and all for £200!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members