FR TDI boost / intake leak ?

fruitloop fr

I have a 2007 FR TDI which I've been having problems with. ( see my earlier thread "fr tdi over filled with oil") I was advised that I could possibly have a boost leak so I've tried a visual inspection of the pipework ( most of which is inaccessable to someone as untrained as me !!!), and I've noticed that there is oil collecting on the bottom of the intake pipe where it meets the turbo. ( about enough to be able to drip, but cant confirm this cos I cant actually see where it would drip to. )

Would I be right in thinking that if oil can leak OUT of this pipe, then air could leak IN, causing a "boost leak" ? Also, the small pipe that comes from the top of the engine (crank vent, I think ?) to the intake pipe / manifold has a good coating of oil all around the inside. Or are these things normal ?

All comments will be VERY appreciated.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
You would know if you had a serious boost leak:

Low power
Lots of smoke
and enevitable fault code

Oil leaks from most turbo pipes but would have to be virtually hanging off before they caused a really noticable problem.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Coatings of oil on those pipes are normal...

You would know if you had a serious boost leak:

Low power
Lots of smoke
and enevitable fault code

Oil leaks from most turbo pipes but would have to be virtually hanging off before they caused a really noticable problem.

As I mentioned in another thread or two, when one of my IC pipes half popped out (remember, the one I refixed with screws...) - I had lots of hesitation and a noticeable drop in MPG, but overall top-end power wasn't much down on normal, and I had no fault codes.....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise