FR TDI mk 2 oil leak

crayven

Hi folks first post !

Been reading forum for a while, great place lots of info !

Anyways i got myself a new FR TDI 57 plate from new and love it appart from an anoying little rattle that seems to be comming from drivers side air vent area now and again?

My problem with the car is an oil leak from under engine bay area.
Found a few patches of oil on my driveway, phones local dealer got it booked in they said my turbo was leaking and they changed it under warranty.

Great ...........but now the leak is back and the dealer looked again and they say the enging isnt getting rid of the old oil ???

Anyone else experience oil leaks on a 6 month old car with 5k on the clock?

crayven

FR TDI oil leak ( Internal Engine Fault )

update,

apparently now they say the leak/s are happening after the turbos connection and are possibly caused by an internal fault with the engine.
The dealer has received a 20 page manual from SEAT on things to check.
Dealer has taken samples of oil and condition for examination.
They say they have never had this fault happen before.

After the technicians have done thier bit from what he has said it looks like a new engine will be needed!

Problem is i dont know if i want them changing the entire engine on a NEW car !!!!

Anyone have any info on my rights, can i ask for a new car complete and reject the one i have?

Im happy with the car but the one i have is not right and i dont want more problems that can come with changing the engine!

Last edited by a moderator:

140SPORT

Aug 22, 2007
Hi

I would try and get the car swapped for a new one as having the engine changed by the dealer is not to be recomended.

I had to have my gearbox taken out on my MK5 Golf GT140 and they did not put things back as they should of and even left the chain still fastened to my engine that they had used to hold it while working on it.