FR Tdi Remap Options????

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
Ok i have been doing a bit of looking around for a remap for my Fr Tdi 170 and have not had much luck finding a remap.

I have tried the following

1) Dubsport for a REVO remap = not for another 4 weeks still testing

2) Awesome Gti for APR remap = No software out yet

3) RICA is a option, any one had a remap from these guy's

Other that that i am stuck where have any of you guys had yours mapped at, and is it running ok.

Would of liked it if I could get it Remaped in the north west area

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Nope - no re-maps available yet.

By that I mean no remaps available that don't either :
a) Break the DPF
b) Set fire to the DPF
c) Set fire to the DPF and the car.

There may be people saying they are about ready, but due to the use of the DPF, i very much doubt anyone will be able to map them properly ever without working out how to:
a) upgrade the DPF
b) get rid of it and it's integration into the ECU.
Hell, even on a standard car the DPF's can cause issues!

Short answer - Dont hold you breath for a map for the FR TDI's.

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
When i was talking to the guy at Dubsport he was saying that he had dun a few Audi's , Do these not have a DPF?

And i am sure the guy at Rica has remaped some FR's with no probs?

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
The 170BHP 2.0 TDI and DPF are a real bitch of a combo and can cause all sorts of issues :( shame as it could be an excellent remap candidate. The 140 however is an awesome to have remapped!

Superted

This is one of the many factors that made my decision to buy a FR TFSI instead........Too many issues with the TDI.

If i was to buy again and was head set on a TDI i would definately go for the 140 TDI.......Reference Sport...........Think about it :D

mliley01

Nov 26, 2006
Solihull
http://www.p-torque.co.uk claim to have done a couple of 170's up to 200... might be worth asking about the issues with DPF. They dont list the 170 on the cars list under remap options, but on a previous thread on here they say they can do it.
I would have tried it had I not spent the money on a holiday to Jamaica instead!!!! [B)]

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
Nope - no re-maps available yet.

By that I mean no remaps available that don't either :
a) Break the DPF
b) Set fire to the DPF
c) Set fire to the DPF and the car.

There may be people saying they are about ready, but due to the use of the DPF, i very much doubt anyone will be able to map them properly ever without working out how to:
a) upgrade the DPF
b) get rid of it and it's integration into the ECU.
Hell, even on a standard car the DPF's can cause issues!

Short answer - Dont hold you breath for a map for the FR TDI's.

I agree with this - I think it's going to take more than just software to get a reliable power increase.

AttyNW

Aug 28, 2006
Warrington, Cheshire
I am also interested in having my FR TDI remapped. ChippedUK did my Golf MKIV 150 TDI and it transformed the car. I wouldn't hesitate in getting the Leon done but the issues with the DPF worry me alot. I'm also in the Northwest.

spuds

Ok i have been doing a bit of looking around for a remap for my Fr Tdi 170 and have not had much luck finding a remap.

Other that that i am stuck where have any of you guys had yours mapped at, and is it running ok.

Go for the RICA. I did, and have had no problems at all. I know several people who have had the RICA upgrade now, and they too have had no probs.

I posted my findings ages ago, and still no issues since then.

I might ask the RICA guys to join this forum and explain about the product because it appears that people are missing out! These guys must be doing something right that nobody else is.

Krzys

Last edited by a moderator:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Go for the RICA. I did, and have had no problems at all. I know several people who have had the RICA upgrade now, and they too have had no probs.

I posted my findings ages ago, and still no issues since then.

I might ask the RICA guys to join this forum and explain about the product because it appears that people are missing out! These guys must be doing something right that nobody else is.

Krzys

AHhh .. yes... i totally forgot about your original post, so still no problems, thats a great sign :thumbup:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102273

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK

Just updated my thread, but no fine details just yet.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105473

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise