FR Tyre Pressures

uuf361

Jun 29, 2008
I checked my tyre pressures for the first time today (7 months in :redface:)

Found the guide on the fuel cap and was rather surprised to see that the pressures at the back were lower than at the front :confused:

This is the only car I've owned (and I'm on something like Car no.30) where the pressures at the back were lower than the front.

Is this right or is my sticker wrong :confused:

uuf361

Jun 29, 2008
At least the sticker is right, just never seen it before on another car - have set them back to the right pressures at least.....................

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
The pressure in the back tyres are only lower than at the front when the car is lightly loaded.When fully loaded this is actually increased.Mine are 32 psi front and 29 psi rear unless I take the tribe on holiday in Britain.I use a good quality digital compressor from Halfrauds as when I set the pressure it automatically cuts out.
Really you should check the tyres every weekend to be safe and decrease the tyre wear.
The alloy wheels loose pressure frequently anyway.
Go by the instruction on your filler cap cover and you wont go far wrong.

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I'm guessing the pressure is greater in the front to account for the weight of the engine.

yep that's right... if you try jacking up the front and then do the back, you'll realise the difference in weight by the amount of effort you have to put in on the front compared to the back...

The only car I have had where the pressure was equal was my puma and racing puma...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise