FR184 CO Emissions

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Nah then lads.

Car was in for an MOT today 2014 FR184 with 28000 miles on clock.

Anyway it passed id gone through through the car, it had pads all round new front discs and a brake fluid swap. Checked all joints shocks and gators and knew it would pass.

Now what concerns me is its CO reading 0.19% with a limit of 0.20% so it just scraped in.

Now im concerned that at 28000 miles the car was close to a fail on emissions. Most of the cars miles are on the motorway to work. It had the obligatory Italian tune up on the way to the MOT test station and sods law it started a regen as i pulled in the yard.

Could this of given me a high CO reading since it injects diesel into the DFP to help with the regen ?

Anyone car to share there CO readings from their last MOT ?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I wouldn't think that a close pass means anything in relationship to where the emissions might be in a years time. If anything, cars often run better as they wear in and this test result could just be a bad day. A regen due or something like that?

If you use decent fuel and maintain the car properly I wouldn't worry about it. You don't hear about these cars failing on emissions very often.

Reactions: Compo1

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
It could be down to the regen at it's possibly overfuelling the car.

I have the same model and year, although yours is low mileage. Mine is on 103,000. I had a carbon clean 2 years ago not long after I bought it. For £100 you get a clean and extra diagnostics. I found it very helpful and although the `benefits` are subjective, I thought it was worth it.

As @Mr Pig says, I wouldn't worry. The regen may not have helped. If I can find my MOT paperwork I'll share my figures.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
This is what's on my MOT paperwork.

DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG

Don't really know what it means.

Reactions: Compo1 and Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Don't really know what it means.

Neither do i but a pass is a pass eh? ;0)

Talking of MOTs. My car went in for it's MOT last week. The car only does a few thousand miles a year, mostly to work and back, so I put off buying the new tyres it needed until the MOT was due. They weren't bald but I knew they'd be borderline.

I know the garage well, we use them for all our work vehicles and I've known the owner for years. I got them to order in two new Eagle F1 tyres and once they's arrived at the garage I booked it in for them to be fitted and the car MOTed.

When I checked on line later I discovered they'd MOTed the car before fitting the tyres so it had a FAIL marked against it!!! I'm still angry about it now. I do everything I can to keep my cars tight and make sure they don't fail MOTs or even get advisories. I can't remember one of my cars ever failing an MOT and now this one has a fail on its record for no reason. Because the garage were too.....I don't know what, to fit the new tyres that were sitting there before they MOTed the car.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Nah then lads.

Car was in for an MOT today 2014 FR184 with 28000 miles on clock.

Anyway it passed id gone through through the car, it had pads all round new front discs and a brake fluid swap. Checked all joints shocks and gators and knew it would pass.

Now what concerns me is its CO reading 0.19% with a limit of 0.20% so it just scraped in.

Now im concerned that at 28000 miles the car was close to a fail on emissions. Most of the cars miles are on the motorway to work. It had the obligatory Italian tune up on the way to the MOT test station and sods law it started a regen as i pulled in the yard.

Could this of given me a high CO reading since it injects diesel into the DFP to help with the regen ?

Anyone car to share there CO readings from their last MOT ?

CO is only tested for Petrol engines during the MOT!
Diesel's are ONLY smoke tested during MOT inspections.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
When I checked on line later I discovered they'd MOTed the car before fitting the tyres so it had a FAIL marked against it!!! I'm still angry about it now. I do everything I can to keep my cars tight and make sure they don't fail MOTs or even get advisories. I can't remember one of my cars ever failing an MOT and now this one has a fail on its record for no reason. Because the garage were too.....I don't know what, to fit the new tyres that were sitting there before they MOTed the car.

I know what you mean. My garage failed mine on emissions. Then charged me £10 to take it out for a drive to warm it up. Then passed it. Cheers.

Reactions: Woody_72

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
Talking of MOTs. My car went in for it's MOT last week. The car only does a few thousand miles a year, mostly to work and back, so I put off buying the new tyres it needed until the MOT was due. They weren't bald but I knew they'd be borderline.

I know the garage well, we use them for all our work vehicles and I've known the owner for years. I got them to order in two new Eagle F1 tyres and once they's arrived at the garage I booked it in for them to be fitted and the car MOTed.

standard procedure for MOT stations, to test the car as it's presented to them

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise