Front brake upgrade with TT-S calipers

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
Hi,

Dont know if its argued here before, i didnt find any thread so thought i ask and share some information.
4pot aluminium calipers, found under Audi TT-S suits to our stock brake discs without any modification needed, so it is a great and considerably cheap way to upgrade the stock front brakes, as they are not the best in my opinion. One great thing about it, is that the size of those exact calipers are downgraded from the outside, in a way that you can still use the 17inch alloys for the winter time.
There are several threads on the Golf forums, that they upgraded the R brakes with them, and in some cases the alloy wheels needs to space out a bit, at least the 19inch Pretoria alloys. So here comes my question, are there anyone done this mod to Cupra and does the stock 19inch alloys clearing the brakes without the spacers? As i dont like to use the spacers im not shure is it a great idea to upgrade the front brakes or not, and i still want to use the 17inch alloys in winter, so they would be spot-on upgrade to me.

https://www.killerbrakes.com/produc...grade-on-golf-7-r-audi-s3-8v-audi-tt-new-red/

You can also choose the black painted ones, and there are several on for-sale in eBays, with even cheaper prices.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi,

Dont know if its argued here before, i didnt find any thread so thought i ask and share some information.
4pot aluminium calipers, found under Audi TT-S suits to our stock brake discs without any modification needed, so it is a great and considerably cheap way to upgrade the stock front brakes, as they are not the best in my opinion. One great thing about it, is that the size of those exact calipers are downgraded from the outside, in a way that you can still use the 17inch alloys for the winter time.
There are several threads on the Golf forums, that they upgraded the R brakes with them, and in some cases the alloy wheels needs to space out a bit, at least the 19inch Pretoria alloys. So here comes my question, are there anyone done this mod to Cupra and does the stock 19inch alloys clearing the brakes without the spacers? As i dont like to use the spacers im not shure is it a great idea to upgrade the front brakes or not, and i still want to use the 17inch alloys in winter, so they would be spot-on upgrade to me.

https://www.killerbrakes.com/produc...grade-on-golf-7-r-audi-s3-8v-audi-tt-new-red/

You can also choose the black painted ones, and there are several on for-sale in eBays, with even cheaper prices.

@S4BiT...I’ve been thinking about upgrading my brakes as I’m running revo stg1+tcu. I don’t think there is much wrong with the callipers(all cupra’s should of got brembos) it’s the discs,pads and brake lines.I think changing the front discs for clubsport s gti ones the pads for ferodo ds25000 and braided brake lines would make a hell of a difference.If your gonna buy new callipers then are you gonna get new discs,pads££££. There is a site called cpl tuning who do a seat Leon cupra brake upgrade with all the kit I mentioned for £555,I think that’s the way forward for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
@S4BiT...I’ve been thinking about upgrading my brakes as I’m running revo stg1+tcu. I don’t think there is much wrong with the callipers(all cupra’s should of got brembos) it’s the discs,pads and brake lines.I think changing the front discs for clubsport s gti ones the pads for ferodo ds25000 and braided brake lines would make a hell of a difference.If your gonna buy new callipers then are you gonna get new discs,pads££££. There is a site called cpl tuning who do a seat Leon cupra brake upgrade with all the kit I mentioned for £555,I think that’s the way forward for me.

Yes, those CSS discs can make an improvement also and smart move to use them along with better pad compound. But the oem single floating piston caliper (cheap and crap design for the brakes) doesnt work as good as 4 piston one, and the weight difference of the caliper is 2x as much.
So to get the most out of the brakes with the decent money, i would use TT-S caliper, CSS discs and choice of some better pads. With all of that, you can still use smaller alloys for winter.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Yes, those CSS discs can make an improvement also and smart move to use them along with better pad compound. But the oem single floating piston caliper (cheap and crap design for the brakes) doesnt work as good as 4 piston one, and the weight difference of the caliper is 2x as much.
So to get the most out of the brakes with the decent money, i would use TT-S caliper, CSS discs and choice of some better pads. With all of that, you can still use smaller alloys for winter.

@S4BiT...I don’t really notice the weight difference with 370+bhp under me right foot lol....but if I was to change my callipers it would be when I go stg3 then it will be a bbk from the likes of revo,yellowspeed or AP.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I've looked at the TTS calipers but didn't go for it since I only found stock pads for them. Had anyone else made pads for the calipers now? I want some better pads since I track the car.

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
I've looked at the TTS calipers but didn't go for it since I only found stock pads for them. Had anyone else made pads for the calipers now? I want some better pads since I track the car.

How weird, that the pad choice for this kind of caliper is almost 0, eh?
I only found the performance pads from company called iSweep for them, and there are several different options with prices varing.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
How weird, that the pad choice for this kind of caliper is almost 0, eh?
I only found the performance pads from company called iSweep for them, and there are several different options with prices varing.
The reason is apparently that this calipers are brand new and only being used on the TTS so far. Which really limits the market for them.

Could you perhaps post the link of the cheaper eBay calipers? I couldn't find any

cuprar265

Apr 19, 2015
Denmark
I run tts brakes on my 300 4drive, stock wheels 19inch needs 12mm spacer's.
Dont no about the 17inch, because i plan to use the stock wheels with winter tyres. and next year plan on runing 19inch Oz Ultrallegera

S4BiT

Dec 8, 2018
I run tts brakes on my 300 4drive, stock wheels 19inch needs 12mm spacer's.
Dont no about the 17inch, because i plan to use the stock wheels with winter tyres. and next year plan on runing 19inch Oz Ultrallegera

Thank you for the answer! Seems that it needs the same spacers than the Golf stock 19” alloys then. Have to think about this mod as i really dont fancy of adding spacers at all.

How do you rate them compared with the stock ones? And i assume you use oem pads for them as there arent much options?!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.