Front bumper hitting ground all the time

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
Just got the Cupra 2 weeks ago but bloody hell, I must have hit the front bumper skirt about 30 times so far... does everyone have this problem???

Coming out of the shopping centre car park today I was certain I had broken the skirt, I heard a loud crack but everything seemed ok

DSC00526.jpg

Last edited:

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
Yep we all get it, whats worse is when you know its going to happen, and people around look at you as if to say why did you do that. WE CANT HELP IT!!!!!!! don't worry though its only a £17-18 item and believe me it can take a hammering.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
ando said:
Just got the Cupra 2 weeks ago but bloody hell, I must have hit the front bumper skirt about 30 times so far... does everyone have this problem???

Coming out of the shopping centre car park today I was certain I had broken the skirt, I heard a loud crack but everything seemed ok

DSC00526.jpg
you cupra looks like youve got no wheels or a belly scraper.
how low are you riding.

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
The R has a reasonably low front splitter but thtas what its there for. It sounds worse than it is and £16 for a new one is obviosly alot better than £200 for a new front bumper!
As low as you thinl the R is trust me its easy compared to scraping and trying to drive into, let alone of car parks with the tiv!! You can buy a new one for under £20 and the y clip on easyily.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
You soon learn what slopes you can and can't take easily.

There's a level crossing down the road from me with a mean looking slope entering it from one direction, but it must look worse than it is as I have never caught the splitter on it.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
If you take a lot of the slopes really slowly, more often than not you will clear them.

Take them at a little speed (5-10mph) then your going to scrape definitely.

craigomills

Candy White FR TDI 170
Mar 31, 2005
Derby
Im scared to go into Multi storey car parks too!

How do people with 'really' low cars manage?

I have had 3 new trims on mine!

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Cant tell how low it is in the pic as it so foggy there....

I just avoid multistoreys and go over ramps slowly at an angle, it scrapes but the splitter takes a lot of abuse and is cheap as chips so i aint fussed.

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
When going up or down ramps turn from full lock left to full lock right.

This slightly raises the front end of your car (only slightly so no mountain climbing attemps :lol: )

I learnt this while driving in my corsa.Couldnt get a deck of fags under it.......................................... flat on it's back :lol:

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Funny we should talk about this today, because I turned off the road with a vitara behind me and saw a bit of a dip so slowed right up going over it and the ****** blew his horn at me!

Needless to say when I went VERY slowly over the speed humps!

I just can't believe how impatient people are [:@]

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
it's a pain in the ass but you get used to the sort of things you can and can't go over.god knows what it will be like in snow :lol:

Scoobers

Midlife crisis ...
Mar 26, 2006
London
I've learned to turn slightly into local speed humps. Try getting some lift before straightening out.
Usually get dirty looks from oncoming traffic but who cares. LCR means more to me than some school run mums opinion.

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
Same problem, always had low cars so used to it in a way, mulit story car parks are the worse, especially if you got some nob sat on your arse all the way down because your taking it easy, I cant even get out of my local garage without scraping the splitter.
Just get used to it mate.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I woudnt want it any other way to be honest :lol:

A nice bit of scrapeage means you can crawl past nice windows and look at your car in them, you can revel in the fact you have a HOT car and also it slows down some of those impatient people!

I cant wait to get the suspension done on my car and i will be SLAMMING it, i love the look and feel of a lowered car so if i cant get in multi stories i will just park somewhere else

I have to say though its 'Each to their own'

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
ando... think urself lucky ur not lowered! :no:

i scrape my sump/under engine plastic cover more than i scrape my splitter!

i dont scrape my splitter that often because i take sleeping police man and slopes etc very slowly.... im lucky my old car was lower so im used to it in my LCR! :lol:

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
yeah plastic undertray scrapes all the time on mine, in fact im 95% sure its hanging on by a thread

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.