Front Fog Light bulbs replacement Pre-Facelift FR Estate 2016

jajcek82

Apr 19, 2023
Hi All.
I'm new to this forum so if my question is already on this forum please forgive me but I'm struggling to find answer.
I bought Seat Leon Estate 1.4 FR ECO 2016 (production 2016 & registered in March 2017 maybe that's why I'm struggling to find some answer) two weeks ago and wanted to change front fog light bulbs to LED's. I found instructions on this forum as well as on YT but they all apply to face lifted model. I followed instructions and removed lamp black grill plastic surroundings but couldn't find any screws holding light in place (like on YT videos) . Is it possible that on pre-facelift model fog light bulbs are replaced removing wheel Arche plastic cover ?
any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Jack

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi All.
I'm new to this forum so if my question is already on this forum please forgive me but I'm struggling to find answer.
I bought Seat Leon Estate 1.4 FR ECO 2016 (production 2016 & registered in March 2017 maybe that's why I'm struggling to find some answer) two weeks ago and wanted to change front fog light bulbs to LED's. I found instructions on this forum as well as on YT but they all apply to face lifted model. I followed instructions and removed lamp black grill plastic surroundings but couldn't find any screws holding light in place (like on YT videos) . Is it possible that on pre-facelift model fog light bulbs are replaced removing wheel Arche plastic cover ?
any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Jack
Yes, I'm sure they have to be done from the rear of lamp, the left hand one is a PITA, especially if you have headlamp washers as the reservoir is larger.
I'm sure there have been some posts about this on the forum.

jajcek82

Apr 19, 2023
Hi. Thanks for your response
I did look at the forum but might have missed this thread as most applies to face-lifted model. I don't have head lamp washers so I hope it won't be that bad. I also hope I don't have to remove wheel as my car wasn't equipped with jack or spare wheel..... appreciate your help
Jack

Reactions: Walone

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Hi. Thanks for your response
I did look at the forum but might have missed this thread as most applies to face-lifted model. I don't have head lamp washers so I hope it won't be that bad. I also hope I don't have to remove wheel as my car wasn't equipped with jack or spare wheel..... appreciate your help
Jack
You can get the arch liner out without taking the wheel off; it does involve a bit of fiddling around and turning the steering lock to lock, but is doable.
Schematic here:
https://seat.7zap.com/en/e/leon+leon+4/le/2016-754/8/821-821050/

jajcek82

Apr 19, 2023
So I did tackle it today....Started from left side thinking I will get to more difficult part first....to get to the bulb on the left side you need at least 10fingers and 4 elbows, anyway I've managed to take it out just to find out the LED bulbs (described as plug and play) didn't fit... inserting bulb back to the light -now that was a mission....not doing it again 😁.Thank you all for your help
Jack

• Sad
Reactions: Walone
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.