Front Parking Sensors and Optical Display

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Shocking customer service

Totally agree...The situation we were in was that the dealer really didn't mind if we rejected the car but the missus didn't want to wait another 12 - 19 weeks for another factory order so we reluctantly accepted...It really put a 'dampener' on the whole experience of picking up a new car....:(
I will let you all know how the install goes...;)

tha_ben

Jan 7, 2016
I have agreed that I will pick up the car after compensation from the dealer/Seat.

Im not going to mention the compensation publicly as its the dealer who has had to 'foot' some of it.

After speaking with Seat UK/The dealer, I genially believe this is a SEAT UK **** up and not the dealers, unfortunately, like in any retail outfit its the dealer taking the flack here.

My car won't be having any sensors fitted on the front, and I probably wouldn't ever purchase another SEAT again, the O/H was looking at the SEAT SUV when its available, will be staying clear of making that order.

Peter55

Jan 20, 2016
Hexham
Buying a new car is supposed to be a nice experience, thanks to Seat's decision to remove a major feature it's turned into a nightmare
We are now faced with 12 weeks without a car and haven't even had an apology

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
Update : Delear rang today. Seat Uk advised on part numbers and parts arrived today.

Sensors being sprayed today and should all be fitted Thursday.

And again I asked re Optics etc. And he confirmed the technicians can do it.

He mentioned that Seat UK have a list of vehicles that are in the same position and that there are many more to come.

Will keep you updated.

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Update : Delear rang today. Seat Uk advised on part numbers and parts arrived today.

Sensors being sprayed today and should all be fitted Thursday.

And again I asked re Optics etc. And he confirmed the technicians can do it.

He mentioned that Seat UK have a list of vehicles that are in the same position and that there are many more to come.

Will keep you updated.
Any more on this subject?..I have phoned Seat UK today and they said I have to get my dealer to get in touch with Seat UK to explain why the sensors were missing from the factory build?????
Once they have been in touch they then can raise a customer complaint reference... I hate being led up the garden path by my local dealer.....Just wish they could be honest and just fit the optical sensors.......

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
Any more on this subject?..I have phoned Seat UK today and they said I have to get my dealer to get in touch with Seat UK to explain why the sensors were missing from the factory build?????
Once they have been in touch they then can raise a customer complaint reference... I hate being led up the garden path by my local dealer.....Just wish they could be honest and just fit the optical sensors.......

Yeah. Dealer called today and said its done but I can't get it till Friday of next week.

Will update you as and when I see it.

hyburnate

Feb 12, 2016
My dealership rang me today saying my car is ready to collect. I asked the question of if it has front parking sensors and the manager went off to check. Good news is it does! Picking it up next Saturday, can't wait! I can't post pics but it looks amazing!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
My dealership rang me today saying my car is ready to collect. I asked the question of if it has front parking sensors and the manager went off to check. Good news is it does! Picking it up next Saturday, can't wait! I can't post pics but it looks amazing!

Make sure you check yourself before driving away.

hyburnate

Feb 12, 2016
Make sure you check yourself before driving away.

Thanks for the advice I've already sat inside and checked for myself.

Does anyone have a cover over the hole with USB etc in the centre console? Mine doesn't have one :(

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
Yeah. Dealer called today and said its done but I can't get it till Friday of next week.

Will update you as and when I see it.
Hi Tripod thanks for the update..
I'm trying my hardest persuading my dealer to install the front optics but they are playing hardball and still insist it cannot be retrofitted.They have asked for as much information possible that I have as to where I have been told that it can be done....
Could you please give details as to which dealer you are using and any other information I could use to persuade them into fitting the front optics..I can understand if you would like to keep your details private so I won't be offended if you don't want to put up any details..Thanks again
Paul...:D

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
Hi Tripod thanks for the update..
I'm trying my hardest persuading my dealer to install the front optics but they are playing hardball and still insist it cannot be retrofitted.They have asked for as much information possible that I have as to where I have been told that it can be done....
Could you please give details as to which dealer you are using and any other information I could use to persuade them into fitting the front optics..I can understand if you would like to keep your details private so I won't be offended if you don't want to put up any details..Thanks again
Paul...:D

My dealer is Adam Keith in York
They got the part numbers from Seat Uk
I'm sure I can get the part numbers from them on Monday for you.

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
My dealer is Adam Keith in York
They got the part numbers from Seat Uk
I'm sure I can get the part numbers from them on Monday for you.
Many thanks for that..:)
Yes the part numbers will come in very handy..
More ammunition for me to get this sorted.....
Paul
ps I will keep you updated as to how I get on....;)

tha_ben

Jan 7, 2016
I think the difference here is that the spec tripod ordered (rear camera etc) states the car does then come with the sensors, the 'normal' FR spec no longer does.

Tripod

Mar 5, 2016
I think the difference here is that the spec tripod ordered (rear camera etc) states the car does then come with the sensors, the 'normal' FR spec no longer does.

It's not that. It's all about when you ordered and what week it was built

My order covers both eventualities and still missed out.

pburv

Jan 18, 2015
It's not that. It's all about when you ordered and what week it was built

My order covers both eventualities and still missed out.
Yep agree with Tripod.
I ordered my car the second week in January 2016 ..The deletion of the optical sensors happened in build week 9 2016...Spoke to the dealer today and he has been in touch with Seat UK and is asking three things:
1 Why was my order not fitted with the optics when it was clearly ordered build week 2?
2 Why was the build delayed till after build week 9?
3 Why haven't the dealers been given clear and proper instructions in informing customers who are complaining about the deletion of the optical parking sensors...
Hopefully he will inform me soon as to what Seat UK have to say on the matter?
As for the retrofit of after market sensors on the 13th of this month ...This has been put on hold until further notice.....
Would really appreciate the part numbers Seat UK have issued to DM Seat Tripod...:)

Marc J A

Feb 10, 2008
Sunderland, UK
Hi Lads

Im not involved in this but just want to mention that the optical display for rear parking sensors can be turned on via VCS.

I've done it for a friend who has a Experience with only rear parking sensors. simple change in VCS and he now has a optical display, all be it just for the rear, but im sure I read somewhere that it was another code change to show the full car.

it even just shows the rear. I know it doesnt help with the front problem but just thought I would share.

cant post links yet but its on a site called stemei . de
just navigate to coding, Seat Leon F5, and then get google to translate and look for "Activate Parking Aid Visual"

Marc

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members