front seat pivot cable

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i found what was causing the jam - bit of tissue stuck in the clamp.. ( !!!)

but i think the cable isn't secured to the handle at the top properly, due to some tugging

ive managed to get the black surround loose from the seat, but cant get it loose enough to get inside it.....

'elp ?

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
mate if youve stretched the cable you'll need to buy a new one. I had to replace mine a couple of months ago coz it was really annoying having people get in the car via my side. You'll need a cable puller(I used an exhaust puller), a replacement circlip and the cable kit. You need to take the seat adjuster off(roundish nob) then remove the circlip which sits on the square bar and then wak the metal bar from the outside so that it comes out the other side,(you'll need to remove the plastic covers on either side of the seat) you'll then need to remove the seat cloth under the back part of the chair there is a plastic clip that runs all the way along, its quite a tight fit. you can then begin to move the cloth up the chair as if you were taking it off you can only move it up bit by bit as its attached to the metal spines within the chair, you'll need a spring puller to take the hooks off the spine, once you get the cloth part of the way up you can see the metal bar that runs through the bottom of the chair the cable is attached to the bar via plastic clips(the bar threads through them) The cable is attached in 3 places, 1 at the top of the chair (only accesible by getting the seat cloth nearly off) and at the bottom of the seat on either side.

If you get stuck hola and ill see what i can suggest :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.