Front USB ports not working

Jul 28, 2022
Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help

My apple car play kept disconnecting so i replaced the cable and now neither of the USB ports are working - carplay won't connect nor will my phone charge

I've checked the manual for fuse locations however it only mentions a rear USB port which I dont have

Has this happened to anyone else?

I drive a Seat Leon FR Technology 2017

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Faulty cable perhaps?

There’ve been a number of instances reported on various forums over the years of replacement non-genuine lightning cables not working, especially cheap cables bought from some of the well known online auction sites.

Reactions: H Rafiq
Jul 28, 2022
Faulty cable perhaps?

There’ve been a number of instances reported on various forums over the years of replacement non-genuine lightning cables not working, especially cheap cables bought from some of the well known online auction sites.
I have had a look at other forums but cant seem to see anythign that matches, both cables work when attached to a plug adaptor and plugged in to a socket. I feel like the problem is with the actual USB ports

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have had a look at other forums but cant seem to see anythign that matches, both cables work when attached to a plug adaptor and plugged in to a socket. I feel like the problem is with the actual USB ports
Hi,

Have you tried the old cable and see if it still works (if intermittently?)

The reason I ask is @SRGTD is right, although you may of not found anything, its a common fault for cables to be supplied that will work as a charger, but not for data (ie CarPlay)

Reactions: Walone and SRGTD
Dec 13, 2023
I'm having this very same issue, I have tried 3 different cables, they don't even get power from USB 1 at the moment, in usb 2 they get small amounts of power but will not connect, then on a good day usb 1 will work fine for 20 minutes, then cut out and not reconnect again for the entire day.

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Ive just tried plugging my dashcam to my front ports & it only will send signal to the image display! No power output to power the actual dashcam!
Anyone any ideas?
Just got car! 2019 cupra290
thanks

missmouse

Jan 22, 2024
Success! After a quick search I discovered this is a common thing on many cars. What has to be done is either change your cable to a power only USB or as I did, just modify the cable by cutting the data wires within the cable. All working perfectly now!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.