Front Wing

Mat

Am I right in thinking that the front wing will fit from any Mk3? Not cupra specific is it? A standard wing will fit?

Mat

think tyre place fitted too tight! 3 nuts lost their heads!

found a blue wing in Lincolnshire - £25
set of skirts in silver, in Matlock (15mins away) - £50

100_3574.jpg

Only other damage is a bent track rod end! Luckily came off motorway, and was only doing 10mph! Brembos missed the floor by an inch, if that!

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
i'd be having a word with tyre fitters if it was me like, even if its to tell them to stop gunning the ****ers on as they well know the shouldn't! could have been nasty that pal

Mat

threw receipt on thurs when I cleaned the interior

Tyres were done a month ago aklong with tracking and camber.... noticed both tyres were bald on outside, and wearing low middle, inwards.... So I reckon too much negative camber!

****ing monkeys

Mat

probably a combination of both

from my experience, tracking wear the inner of one tyre, and outer of the other

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
Here, there and everywhere ;)
Negative camber would remove inside of both tyres.

Tracking will wear the tyres either from the outside inwards or opposite dependant on whether they are toeing in or out.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

Id still go down there and have words, show them the pictures and see what they say as they will have your invoice on the system.

Mat

I might do dude!

small update.....

Skirts found.... Painted in silver - £45
Wing Purchased, £25 (in blue tho)
New Track Rod End - £8

No other damage found.................. yet

cuprachrissy

I would go back to the tyre place and kick the guy in the dogs dangly bits.

Mat

agreed.... plus the spacer has been on almost a year with no problems.... gonna be dropping 5s on next. Those were 3s, and probably had 1mm clearance over the brembos.... Mate has a spare set of 5s

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise