Rawibizafr

Mar 27, 2013
North West
I have been through 4 different sets of bulbs. I have had:

Ring Sportz Blue
Grant 8500K 'blue' look bulbs
Ring xenon max
MTEK bulbs

All of these I have tried fitting to my ibiza and they have a slight white light but they still have the yellow light that you get with ordinary bulbs! Does anyone know any brand of bulb which will give a true HID look?
I have thought about a hid kit however really don't want to go down that route.
Would appreciate any advice!

mankyboy

I bought TriPlus bulbs.

They look great, but most importantly they work great. Far better than the standard bulbs, which weren't much better than a candle ....

I replaced all 4 headlights & fogs - much safer when driving at night ot low visability.

Listed as 3,850k colour temprature - only problem ( if it matters to you ? ) is they're 100w !

I bought them off eBay years ago - can't remember how much, but they weren't dear.

Here's the manufacturers website - www.triplus-euro.co.uk

:)

Seat-Ibiza-jake

Sep 16, 2012
Just get HID's

make sure they're Canbus so you don't get any error's.

I bought mine from ebay they were £44.something

fitted them well in about 30/40 minutes. Job's a good un.

May 19, 2011
pete if you recall i bought the same hids as you but have since removed them for my mot and prob gonna put back in, i cant get them to line up proper on the floor it seems to cross over and leave a line in the middle, any joy to sort it? or how did you get yours done

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
pete if you recall i bought the same hids as you but have since removed them for my mot and prob gonna put back in, i cant get them to line up proper on the floor it seems to cross over and leave a line in the middle, any joy to sort it? or how did you get yours done

erm

i just bought em.

and installed em where the bulbs where. no messing about, but then i have a boc, with H7 bulbs :/

been fine since i had the car :) been in since feb and caused 0 probs. touch wood!¬

Last edited:

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Yep, go for the HID's mate. £23 delivered, fitted in about 15 minutes. And I have zero skills with stuff like this.

You could always go the other way and fir the yellow rainbow bulbs. ;)

5DRBLK

Jul 20, 2013
Manchester, England
I bought HIDs also,

One of the best things I have ever done to my car, look great, and give amazing visability,

I went with some H7R's in the hope that they would stop the glare, but sadly, the coating that makes them a H7R comes off quite easily!

May 19, 2011
erm

i just bought em.

and installed em where the bulbs where. no messing about, but then i have a boc, with H7 bulbs :/

been fine since i had the car :) been in since feb and caused 0 probs. touch wood!¬

ive got the 1.4 5dr sport and bought the h7s. do i need the h7rs?

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Yep, go for the HID's mate. £23 delivered, fitted in about 15 minutes. And I have zero skills with stuff like this.

You could always go the other way and fir the yellow rainbow bulbs. ;)

Do you have to make a hole in the light dust cap to allow the HID wiring loom in or can you leave it intact ? And still maintain a gd seal another way ?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Do you have to make a hole in the light dust cap to allow the HID wiring loom in or can you leave it intact ? And still maintain a gd seal another way ?

i made a hole in mine, and theres a rubber seal around it.

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Yep, 25mm hole cut, push the wires through, clip the cover back in place and job done.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So truly no going back to standard should you wish. Boo :(

I bought a pair of covers for £5 from the local breakers - the car they came off had two smashed lights ( along with a trashed front end )

Go buy a set before you do the HID mod so you can easily go back.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.