Fuel Cap Panel Release

special37

Trying to understand the wiring for the fuel cap release on my 1.9 TDI.

It does not show any associated fuses in the owners manual and on the SEAT TIS Service & Repair Workshop Manual CD that I have, it mentions a second fuse/relay panel under the facia - which I don't appear to have??

The release doesn't work but the pushbutton backlight does with the ignition on.

If I short across pins 1 to 4 on the fuel release pushbutton this opens the fuel panel.

But it looks as if there is no power into the pushbutton when the ignition is off.

Anybody help before I have to visit the dealers. :confused:

special37

Yes mate - the CD shows a second fuse/relay panel situated below the steering column and there is just no sign of it being there.

I even took the existing fuse panel off to see if it was hidden behind it and could not see anything obvious.

The wiring diagram on the CD does not offer any options except an engine or air conditioning wiring diagram and neither shows anything to do with the fuel panel switch.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I know mine as a couple of fuses under there and as been said before about it for the fuel flap release, strange how yours isn't.
The fascia i mean is the one under the steering column (just making sure all bases are covered)

special37

Okay - just explain exactly where yours is and how you access the fuses if you would cheers.

special37

VMT for that and I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how I get on.

special37

Found a 10A fuse blown on that fuse/relay panel - replaced and all works okay - VMT again for your help. :clap:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
same happened to me , have run another wire from fuses as a temp measure , as we couldnt find those fuses

mine now only works with the engine on lol

but i will have to get round to changing it back to standard

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise