Fuel cap question

Snoopy

Apr 24, 2002
Durham, England.
Found this seal next to the diesel pump I just filled up at when I went back to the car. Not sure if it's off my cap or not?

Doesn't seem like that section would seal against anything in the filler neck but that seal fits the indentation on the cap.

Does others with a TDI fuel cap have this seal or is it a seal off someone else's car?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• received_457104349937339.jpeg
    received_457104349937339.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 71

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Found this seal next to the diesel pump I just filled up at when I went back to the car. Not sure if it's off my cap or not?

Doesn't seem like that section would seal against anything in the filler neck but that seal fits the indentation on the cap.

Does others with a TDI fuel cap have this seal or is it a seal off someone else's car?

Thanks for any help.
I'm going to say that I don't think it's from your car. I replaced my cap a few years back and don't remember seeing an o-ring that size - it looks pretty small. There might be a seal after the thread, but that one would be bigger. Looking at the size of the one you found, there would be a risk of it falling into the fuel tank, and that would be a bad thing.

I've been amazed and appalled at some of the things I found on a petrol station forecourt - it's a wonder some cars make it where they're supposed to be going...

Reactions: Snoopy and mty12345
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.