Fuel Consumption on Mk2 FR TDI

thebears

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2004
08 plate with 254 miles on the clock. The DIS for each journey is giving best 48 and worst 42. Mix of A, B and dual roads over a 44 mile journey.

I'm quite impressed with it really as i do give it some poke!

Wookie72

mid 06 TDI Sport remapped to 185bhp, driving like a saint on cruise control set to 70 i normally get 50+mpg on a 50 mile round trip to work on m/way, and single carriageway. Got 30k+ on clock and my mpg is now struggling around 45-46. It is very hard to drive like a saint though lol

cambobfr

Mine's just turned 11k on the clock. Now, since I got the car at 7,600, I've been getting pretty much a constant average of 37.5. But today, during the course of 2.5 hrs driving, my average mpg went from that usual 37.5 right up to 45.8 (I did hit 46 at point, but then one of my feet got inexplicably heavy for a short while - no idea why :whistle: ;) )

Interestingly, the car went in for it's 10k service last Thursday, so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.....

That 2.5hrs of driving I did today was to go get a remap, which didn't happen in fact, and I'm almost pleased it didn't as now that the car's settled on a new average mpg I'll be able see what difference the remap makes when I do get it (tomorrow I hope).

Bob

Last edited by a moderator: