Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Posting this here to see if anyone with a CA has had this issue, but I understand it effects other models too. A couple of weeks ago I got to the petrol station, did the pay at pump and my fuel filler cap didn't want to open. I've had the car 6 months and this was the first time. I've also had two previous golf's with the same mechanism and this had never happened. After locking/opening car a couple times, I grabbed my phone & googled it. It said something about the driver's door being open. By that point, it had opened itself and I moved on. I thought it could be a one-off.

Anyway, went again on Saturday and the same thing happened. This time I closed door, opened it a few times. Locked/opened car and had to open the driver's door about 3 more times before it popped open. Basically, no rhyme or reason for the process as I could see it.

Has anyone had this issue, fixed this issue or raised this issue with SEAT/CUPRA? Thanks

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Open the cap and inspect the mechanism manually. Push it in with your finger.
Does it twists normally ? Slowly ? Or stuck ?

Possibly dirty or broken

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cupraatecastu

Jun 29, 2020
Posting this here to see if anyone with a CA has had this issue, but I understand it effects other models too. A couple of weeks ago I got to the petrol station, did the pay at pump and my fuel filler cap didn't want to open. I've had the car 6 months and this was the first time. I've also had two previous golf's with the same mechanism and this had never happened. After locking/opening car a couple times, I grabbed my phone & googled it. It said something about the driver's door being open. By that point, it had opened itself and I moved on. I thought it could be a one-off.

Anyway, went again on Saturday and the same thing happened. This time I closed door, opened it a few times. Locked/opened car and had to open the driver's door about 3 more times before it popped open. Basically, no rhyme or reason for the process as I could see it.

Has anyone had this issue, fixed this issue or raised this issue with SEAT/CUPRA? Thanks
I have the same issue with mine, it always takes me several pushes to both open it and then to shut it once refuelled. I did mention it to the dealer I bought it from, and they just said to make sure I was pressing in the right place. Which I do, but I still have the issue...and my door is always shut and the vehicle unlocked

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Have had the same issue with wifes Ibiza 18 plate. Had the problem about 6 months in and when mentioned to the garage they did same just "advising " on pushing to open "
I have checked mechanism and catch is ok. Looking at the cover when closed it looks as if the whole unit has moved over to rear of car. Did try some gentle persuasion tap the unit towards front of opening and seemed to help but still intermittent.

daviescotland

Mar 18, 2019
Hi. Just reading your post.
I’ve had this issue when filling up, to me it feels poorer quality than the golf etc. I can usually make it on the 3rd or 4th push but it’s definitely a bit annoying. I’ve only had the car 2 months.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Just to put some balance here, filled up my facelift many times with no issues at all.

Reactions: pburv
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.