Fuel Flap Stuck

alix

Dec 3, 2008
Hi, tried to fill up my mk3 tdi tonight and it would'nt let me! Fuel flap is locked closed...any ideas please need it tomorrow. Tried locking/unlocking car etc opens a few mm but the lock on the flap will not budge...

alix

Dec 3, 2008
fuel flap issues

Cheers mate but it's not the cap it's the flap on the outside..looks like i could force it but i've only had it a few weeks...

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
Yeah, if you look inside of the boot, on the drivers side and fiddle around behind of the lining on the side, there should be a piece of string, this will unlock the flap on the outside, and if that doesnt work, you can unscrew the solenoid which locks it shut and just take it out

Atlantia

Nov 18, 2008
The South West
Considering how everything electric in Mk-3s is clearly possessed by Satan, thats a bloody useful tip! I'd actually wondered what you'd do about refuelling if the CL failed completely but didn't want to always be the one asking the questions! :)

Mat

Shit
Electrics
All the
Time

something i've only recently discovered with the stereo volume knob (1.4 was fine)

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Hi, tried to fill up my mk3 tdi tonight and it would'nt let me! Fuel flap is locked closed...any ideas please need it tomorrow. Tried locking/unlocking car etc opens a few mm but the lock on the flap will not budge...

When you mean locked closed you mean the lock for when the car is locked to stop people stealing your fuel wont unlock?

alix

Dec 3, 2008
fuel flap

Yeah it has totally locked the flap and the highly technical 'emergency bit of string' in the boot just came away in my hands....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.