Full range of COILOVERS for Ibiza 6L (Mk4) with prices

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
I have the Jamex coilovers, got them from midlandvw for 300 notes.

As for ride, they are as hard as the original sport set up but obviously i now closer to terra firma!! :)

I did buy some shorter drop links from venom aswell but after a quick test drive, they fell to bits pulling the bushes out of them :confused:
I then cut the original droplinks in half, then seam welded them shorter ;)

Pete@TPC

^ same as the unbranded ones on ebay and the same as jamex and gmax and ta technix

Not true.

V-Maxx (Hiltrac) do make some G-Max coilovers, but not all. TA Technix are poor quality kits even if they do appear similar.

V-Maxx have a good reputation for reliability. We have sold over 1000 kits this year, and I could count the number of warranty claims on my fingers. The kits have a 2 year warranty and are TUV approved.

If you want a V-Maxx kit, then make sure it has V-Maxx on the box!

Pete @ V-Maxx UK

Deleted member 69232

coilovers

i got brand new coilover set but my road has just had some bloomin speed bumps put in so am having to sell them, so if anyone wants to buy them for £200 text me on 07747093809, i am in hampshire,southampton.

Ferkel

May 1, 2009
Kyiv, Ukraine
:doh: I like my IBA!

:help: so now if anybody can help with choosing of new coilovers, I'll be very, very happy for Your experiences with some of above...

THX

Hi,

After 1st year I've install TA-Technics coilovers, I bent them in 3 monts.
I don think that you should install them.

After TA, I've install FK coilovers two sets, do not remember the model.
Each of them was bent in 6 month.

Right now, for more than 1,5 year I'm driving at Bilstein B6
They are not coilovers, but driving with them are superb.

P.S. I'm using my ibiza for semi-profi rally + everyday riding

First of all I'm must warn you, that I'm from Ukraine, and our roads are very-very-very bad.
I've drive in the UK, and I have to say that yours bad roads better, then our good roads.

All of this is my IMHO

Last edited:

John11367

May 20, 2005
How would the ride on some of the better kits compare to say a standard cupra? Mine is standard and I'm not really caring about lowering too much but wouldn't mind a slight drop, but not wanting to make the ride any harsher. Actually less harsh if anything lol its back breaking at the minute!

Ferkel

May 1, 2009
Kyiv, Ukraine
How would the ride on some of the better kits compare to say a standard cupra?

For my opinion about, if you are not in driving your car in the rally or other races, for example nurburing, you do not need to change the standard suspension. beleive me - it is realy good.

If you want to make your car more сute, do not spend much money - buy FK.
Want sport ride - buy Bilsteint or Weitec (unfortunately it is very hard to buy in my country).

After installation of my first FK kit, I've install solid silentblock, as it on cupra.
What can I say... steering was improved.

Or you can try to install just a front roll bar (my is Wiechers + rear roll bar).
Front roll bar is a very good steering improvement

CBAX

Nov 4, 2014
im looking for budget coilovers for my mk4 and I cant find any. If not would springs be okay instead?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.