Future Black Leon MK1 FR TDI

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Everyone,

This is my first thread so hope I can get some usefull answers or advice. :)

Now I have got a full-time job I can realistically start saving up for my black Seat Leon MK 1 FR TDI with cupra body kit on it (150bhp version).

I want 18" RS4 alloys on my car. I did have a link of a white seat leon with these alloys on to show you but as this is my first thread I got told I can't attach any links. :(

I want to get a ECU tuning box to uprate the BHP to around 180 190 pushing it but at the same time keep the good MPG. So I have been looking around and saw this tuning box don't know if you have heard of it before but from the reviews that previous buyers have put it's suppose to be very good. It's from Chip Express tuning specialsts I don't know if any of you seat owners have got this product as I am in two minds whether to get a REVO Select plus box or this one?

One other major upgrade I want to do to my black 1.9 TDI FR would be to fit the Leon mk 1 Cupra FR black with red stitching seats inside it. I love these seats and think they look alot better than the TDI FR black and grey seats. I don't know why the TDI FR don't come with them to be honest. Would replacing back and front seats to the cupra FR seats be easy or tricky? Would I be wasting my time with this mod or not?

Sorry for the long essay just thought I would mention what I am thinking of doing once I get my black MK 1 L1.9 eon FR TDI and see what you guys think?

Look forward to reading some of your advice.
:D

Regards

Chris :D

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
Its called a Leon FR+ not an FR with cupra bodykit.

Have you actually bought the car yet, because it sounds more like a wish list.

Don't waste your time with a tuning box, it will not give you 40BHP and wil cause problems with the engine. Atleast drive the car for a while, 150BHP Tdi is a lot of power, do you currently own a fast car?

Remap with a professional company only, ie AMD, REVO etc. You will then need to buy an uprated clutch or put up with it slipping.

RS4 Wheels are ok but been done to death and you don't even own the car yet. Seats swap over very easily but LCR ones will cost you quite a bit.

I'm guessing from your post that you are either quite young or new to modding. Just slow down a bit and do one thing at a time and we will help if we can, remember to use the search function as most of your questions will already have been answered.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.