(Future) Toledo Cupra

ravemstr

Toledo Sport :)
Aug 23, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Well, i never really added pics of my 2001 Black Seat Toledo 1.9 TDI so...
This is the car when i first bought it:

It was lowered about 40-45 on standard shocks and sport springs. Pretty much it had everything :p 16" Seat Standard alloys(winter), 17" Leon FR alloys(summer), auto air-con, full electric, leather interior :D... you pretty much now the rest!

I then fitted a new Sachs clutch and flywheel and this:

Koni Str.Tkit which raised the car to this:

I then focused on the interior:
Cupra R shifter

Last edited:

ravemstr

Aug 23, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Cupra R handbrake cover:

and Cupra R pedals and foot-rest:

I know... crappy pics :( sorry
Next came a Cupra R front bumper(which is still sitting in my garage). Haven't gotten round to fitting it because i'm on the look out for Cupra R side skirts and ... a Cupra R rear bumper :D
If a TT rear bumper can be put on a Tolly then so can a Cupra R rear bumper ;) I've been talking with a friend which does this kind of fiberglass body work and it can and will be done. Just looking for the side-skirts and rear bumper.
Plus after i put these in i will have to get rid of the door strips(don;t really know what they're called in english, sorry...) and will have to get the car re-painted.
Next came a set of original 18" old RS4 alloys(even crappier pic, sorry):

ravemstr

Aug 23, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Last week i bought the braking system of a Octavia I vRS :D 312 fronts and 256 rears(vented all round) :D

Not those! Pic is just for refference. Will get them painted red and fitted next week. And take better pics of my car :whistle: Over my 280 stock fronts... I think they will make some difference...
Right now i'm looking for some TT QS alloys but haven't really found any where i live. This is the car that drove me to get them...

I'm also looking at some Golf IV R32 alloys(Aristo's) which i can get cheap'ish

Which ones do you think i should get??? And does anyone have any pics of a Leon/Toledo with those wheels on? Please! :D
On the engine part... more than a remap i haven't and won't do anything. If i get the money together i will buy the 1.8T 180BHP engine, gearbox etc from the same Octavia I vRS that i got the brakes from(about 1.500 - 1.600 euros... you do the math :D ). I really hope i will!!! :D

I promise i will take better pics of my car... And that i will clean the car before i do!

Comments, critics and advices are very welcome! :D

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
definately get the TT alloys over the golf ones!

should look realy nice when you're done. Liking the interior already

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Nice - good to see a Toledo being given the attention it deserves - a much overlooked car!

The TT QS alloys will look great (on my shopping list too!) but the FRs in your first pic look amazing, I'd stick with them!

ravemstr

Aug 23, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Thank you all! :D
Sadly the FR's are allready gone. :( I really wanted 18's. That's one set of wheels which should've been done in 18" but...
The guy i gave them to is talking about selling his car so i may get them back and keep them for the winter instead of the 16's... Hopefully!
And the TT QS's are one rare set of wheels... I really only found them on the UK ebay. There's no sign of them in Germany, not to mention Romania :(
If you spot a set let me know. Or... what do you know about all those replicas of them. Are they any good?

Tolly

Feb 5, 2009
Leeds
I love the TT QS wheels too but my car is Silver so not too sure if they would look right....

ravemstr

Aug 23, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I did find some black replicas with a red line... think those would look good on silver ;) Not so sure about replicas though...

Last edited:

DowdyTDI

I have to say your car is very nice...:) im thinking of getting a toledo myself and putting the cupra r kit on it and was wondering is there much work involved or does the kit fit straight on??? the back bumper is the part worrying me the most??

ravemstr

Aug 23, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Froont bumper and side-skirts fit straight on(if you buy the original parts). The back bumper doesnțt fit at all. You canțt put it on the car. You can only cut the back bumper of the Toledo and that of the Cupra R and stick them together and fill the gaps with fiber-glass. That's a lot of work...

DowdyTDI

Yea i didnt think it would fit looking at pics but the front bumper and side skirts would do if i colour code the back bumper???? are there pics of this done i cant find any anywhere?

DowdyTDI

Yea that doesn't look bad at all its what im going for in looks anyway ill probably go for a silver Toledo but a black one would work too:p.....

im just glad it can be done cause i havent seen it done before now all i need to do now is work out how much its going to cost ha

DowdyTDI

Ill have a look round and see what i can find:D

thanks for the advice hopefully ill be posting my own cupra Toledo on here soon :D

ravemstr

Aug 23, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I hope you do. The Toledo is one sexy car... and moded properly it is pretty special. There aren't many Toledos out there, a lot of Leons but not too many Toledos.

DowdyTDI

That why i want a Toledo not that many round here anyway lots of leons tho......there nice too but just not for me