Garmin Bluetooth music streaming problem

Sjlw3

Sep 8, 2015
Picked up an Ibiza Toca Sarurday and it came with the little Garmin sat nav pod that sits on top of the dash for navigation, bluetooth phone calls, music streaming etc.

I have an issue which I would like to know if it's me not getting it or an issue with the unit.

When trying to play music off my phone which is an iPhone 5 it keeps coming up with the 'this device will go into standby mode in 30 seconds' message. It's fully charged but seemingly it feels the need to switch off.

If you press cancel to stop it, the music you were streaming via Bluetooth stops and the whole thing stops working. You can't select the radio, nor the aux input and not the Bluetooth option either the whole media menu button stops working!

Eventually the options come back (after furiously turning it on & off) but this happens ALL the time.

Anyone with one of these (or a similar set up with a Garmin/other sat nav) have any ideas what to do?

My only thought is either the connection to the holder for the nav is faulty, or the connection to the cars dashboard on the top of it is faulty too. Can't think of any other ideas?

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Mine has done this before. It was due to the holder not clicked down on the dash properly. Make sure it's really clicked down tight as I think it has two 'stages' of being clicked down, if that makes sense.

Also make sure all contacts are clean and free of dirt, foreign objects etc. give them a good wipe!

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.