[GARMIN PID] Garmin Mod&Skin-Tool [Reverse Engineering]

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
Mobile navigator 8 is in the making. TMC works now, gps works too. I am having problems with live connectivity. Do you want an early version without live services and some other strange bugs (for instance when you press the power button there are two overlays that tell you to shut down or even worse hilbernation/quick booting will crash). I have some good ideas, how i can fix them.. all I need is some time:)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Big thanks to Robomrburns for his work.

Installed the app package on 2015-fr1.6tdi.

All working ok apart from g force. known issue. can sensor be retrofitted?

Did I miss the skin for the turbo boost gauge, to reset the needle to the zero mark?

Also is there a way to get the rear doors to show open on the little car that appears on Garmin screen when the doors are opened.?(will check if it works when switched to eco-mode tomorrow just realized the Cupra has 3 doors)

Thanks again for your work.

Jon

Last edited:

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
I am happy you like my work. No you did not miss anything. I forgot to include the turbogauge... Right Now i am Working on my own version...

If anyone knows how to decode serial data?
86343d7f4785978ed8cbd3410b424156.jpg

jonnyht

Aug 28, 2013
Sps sd card issues

Hi all,
Courtesy light issue solved, in eco mode its shows the 5 doors. In performance mode it's shows a 3 door. So thats ok.
Dont want to hijack the thread but I have an issue where you have remove and replace the sd card in the SPS after resarting from stand by. Wether the SPS unit is left in situe or removed. This issue is nothing to do with the hack as it was apparent before I got my sticky liite hands on it and hacked it. Just wondered if anybody has seen this before, Seat want it for 1/2 a day to check. I can't be bothered as garage is 50km away.

Sorry robomrburns I can't offer any help on your version question. Look too complicated for me.

Cheers Jon

Last edited:

Dirkulees

The Brain
Jan 3, 2016
Germany, BW
Hey guys,

first off all I wish you a happy new year.
Just got my Cupra today and was lookin for a oiltemperatur view so I found the German Thread.

@robomrburns
I was wondering if you can make the tool run on the new Windows 10 as well? And maybe you can get into touch with me via PN, would be great.

And thanks in advance for your great work. Really appreciate that!

Cheers from the south of Germany,

Tobi

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
Hi Tobi, the tool runs directly on your Garmin Device. No need for windows 10.
Currently i am working on an Android app, that connects to the car. Making some progress. Stay tuned for more!

Dirkulees

The Brain
Jan 3, 2016
Germany, BW
Cheers man,

thanks for the fast reply. I am just amazed about the Software Version from my Navigon. It says it is 7.10.25 (when I check it in the Fresh.exe) and no more Updates available.

This can't be correct. Right?

Edit: Do I need to put the whole VWBeamLight Folder into the App Folder?

Last edited:

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
Do you have a Navigon or Garmin? If its a Navigon you are out of luck. My mods only work on the Garmin device. Navigon was not updated for a long time and there is now way i of to install the garmin software. Thats why i sold my Navigon PID and got a Garmin one.

About the installation: yes thats the way to go

Dirkulees

The Brain
Jan 3, 2016
Germany, BW
Yes man I have a Navigon 70/71 Premium Car. So you and Pher's mods only work for the Garmin?

Thats bad. You can't make it run for the other devices? Do you know where I can get a Garmin one?

Cheers.

Edit: And do they both fit with the pins etc. just plug&play?

Last edited:

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
Unfortunately yes. I am sorry I wasnt able to get it to work back then. I got mine off Ebay.

Garmin and Navigon are just plug and play.

You have not enough posts so that i cant PM you...

Last edited:

Dirkulees

The Brain
Jan 3, 2016
Germany, BW
All right man. No worries! I am gonna have a look. Can you tell me the Product Details of it, and how much it normaly is? Will get back to you than if I found one.

Cheers, Tobi

PS: Yeah sorry man that I abuse your Thread.. :D

Spotikai

Jan 30, 2016
Hello guys!

I was just wondering, if there is a way to enable vw up's eco trainer on seat mii / skoda citigo without changing the garmin's branding?
Sorry I am completely new to this PID hacking stuff :blink:

robomrburns

Aug 31, 2014
Yes that should be possible. If you can find out where the branding is stored. I suspect the device registry...

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
Yes that should be possible. If you can find out where the branding is stored. I suspect the device registry...

Hi mate

I downloaded the vwusershell but when I turn the garmin on it's like it's greyed out? What else should I be putting onto the device so it works properly, apart from that .exe?