Gas bonnet strut kit for MK2's

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Morning all,

I've been speaking with the company who I ordered my bonnet strut kit from as shown here...

IMG_20190120_130256-1305x2320.jpg IMG_20190118_171225-2320x1305.jpg IMG_20190120_130315-1305x2320.jpg IMG_20190120_130247-1305x2320.jpg IMG_20190120_130305-1305x2320.jpg

Now I paid over £50 for my set which I'd still get again lol

As I've mentioned we're a forum with plenty of members he is willing to sell it to us for £38 delivered from Russia.

Is this something you lot would want? I think he will ask for an email stating our code and then you'll get a PayPal invoice (currently his website doesn't have https so I've said we won't use that yet)

I can say the kit is very very easy to install, maybe 5 minutes per arm and I've found that I only needed one of the arms in the kit to keep the bonnet up (I'm sure in strong weather it may drop).

If this is something you'd like I'll get some details...

Cheers

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Hmm, not sure I like the angle of the strut. Looks like that has the potential to mangle the inner wing and / or bonnet over time.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
All mods (bar brake upgrade) currently on hold. But I’ll be interested in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I will want some but this month I have been saving for a BlackVue DR900S dashcam and should have something spare next month.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ok so I just got this from the guy on Instagram for this Russian company and this is it in English and explained a little lol

PLEASE NOTE - I/FORUM AM/IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG THROUGH PURCHASING USING ANY OPTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAKE THIS CHOICE YOURSELF AND IS NO WAY ASSOCIATED TO THE FORUM IN ANYWAY. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ORDERED FROM THIS SELLER WITH NO ISSUES.

You have the following options

The MK2 and MK3 Leon kit should cost around £39 delivered (currency conversion dependent), delivery can be up to 2 weeks to the UK.

Option 1 - You can order from his website which is NOT secure (no https) but you pay with PayPal which is secure so it's only the information you give on the website that is not encrypted. I do not condone this option as I wouldn't do it myself so I won't post the website address (you can google them if you wish).

Option 2 - You contact him direct through email or Instagram (see below for contact info) and explain you're from this forum and you may want to mention the forum Instagram account that I contacted him through (seatcupradotnet) then give him the code seatclub to which he sends you a PayPal invoice for the amount including shipping (should be £39 ish) then you pay and he sends it out, this method is secure as it's all done through PayPal apart from the email to contact him.

Option 3
- You wait for his website to get SSL (https) so it's secure to order from his website (I will keep and eye on it)

Contact information -

His email is [email protected] and his name is Andrey if you want to use option 2.

The Instagram account is pneumatic_auto and you can contact through there if you wish.

Sample email to send him would be (if you want a sample that is lol)

Hi Andrey,

I am part of the SEATCupra.net forum and you recently spoke with one of our moderators through Instagram (seatcupradotnet), I would like to order a gas bonnet kit for a MK(insert here) Leon, I have been told it should be £39 with postage included using the code seatclub.

Could you confirm this for me so you can invoice my PayPal address which will follow after conformation.

Many thanks

Name

So now the choice is yours lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Got a beetle here if anyone wants dimensions off the ones used in that ?
I looked at sourcing elsewhere and getting the bits myself but I struggled getting the bracket to fix the strut to the bonnet then I found the place above. I think the price is expensive for what it is but they seem to be the only people doing it as a kit.

All open to new ideas to make things cheaper :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Likewise hence the suggestion mind you £40 odd ain't too bad

ill get some pics and whip one off measure up etc

May not work out but least it's info for other cars

Reactions: Jimbobcook

CustardKing93

Apr 25, 2018
Morning all,

I've been speaking with the company who I ordered my bonnet strut kit from as shown here...

View attachment 4675 View attachment 4676 View attachment 4677 View attachment 4678 View attachment 4679

Now I paid over £50 for my set which I'd still get again lol

As I've mentioned we're a forum with plenty of members he is willing to sell it to us for £38 delivered from Russia.

Is this something you lot would want? I think he will ask for an email stating our code and then you'll get a PayPal invoice (currently his website doesn't have https so I've said we won't use that yet)

I can say the kit is very very easy to install, maybe 5 minutes per arm and I've found that I only needed one of the arms in the kit to keep the bonnet up (I'm sure in strong weather it may drop).

If this is something you'd like I'll get some details...

Cheers
Is this a thing? I might like one eventually, did you need to drill a hole for the bottom part of the strut or is a hole already there?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Is this a thing? I might like one eventually, did you need to drill a hole for the bottom part of the strut or is a hole already there?
No drilling needed as it uses a previous hole in the bodywork.

It is indeed a thing. over £50 for it on ebay and £39 from this guy. Just a bit of wait from Russia.

Any questions or pictures you want let me know

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
I'm interested would love to see more pics.

When will they be available ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members