*Gathering of the Mk2's *

Will you attend GTI INTERS in your Mk2 IBIZA??

• YES

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • NO

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Great day guys enjoyed meeting you all and seeing your MK2's, did notice one thing though. I had the only 8v alpine white GTi at the show today and there was just one other 16v :)

Got mullered by a MK2 Golf 16v :(

DSCN0696.jpg

vngtx

could of done with putting that sign that says "if u you want to race somebody stay behind them" at a place where you could see if before getting in the queue.

crossedmike

any one know how mike got on today ? all parts still there ?

Lost the front engine mount on motorway and Decatur pipe got loosened by the spike strip goin in to was popping all way home and like a tractor but few road side repairs and I was on way glad I took me tool kit lol

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Ive been looking at the pictures on here and and on Kezz's facebook album and Im really gutted I couldnt make it to this, I would have loved to have been with all the other Mk2's. It was just too soon after my holiday. :(

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. :). And I dont know about anyone else but Im sort of liking pink wheels on the kiwi one. :ban: :blink:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2008
cannock
Ive been looking at the pictures on here and and on Kezz's facebook album and Im really gutted I couldnt make it to this, I would have loved to have been with all the other Mk2's. It was just too soon after my holiday. :(

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. :). And I dont know about anyone else but Im sort of liking pink wheels on the kiwi one.

are you on my facebook freinds then :lol:

yea it was a shame you couldnt make it you will really have to stop having so many hollidays :lol:

it was a realy good day very very hot yea the pink wheels looked great :D ( and ime really really not a pinky person lol )

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
are you on my facebook freinds then :lol:

yea it was a shame you couldnt make it you will really have to stop having so many hollidays :lol:

it was a realy good day very very hot yea the pink wheels looked great :D ( and ime really really not a pinky person lol )

Nah I aint on your facebook friends, Ive got Arun as a friend and I got an update saying he had been tagged in the inters album so I had a nosey through the pictures.

Ive had alot on this year which have eaten up my holiday allowance, only got 2 days left until October. :blink:. But I do have some booked for next week and a few days in August.

I dont know what it is about the kiwi/pink combination but I really like it, Im guessing that was Claires (beezertart's) kiwi?

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
ahhh rite i seeee :)

well maybe next year you will be able to make it :D

yes it was clairs and now ime wondering what yours would look like with some pinks wheels ;)

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Yep hopefully next year I will make it, I will do everything to make it. :)

Mmmmmmm, now I wonder what it would look like ;). Oz's in pink or a set of Ronals or Mk3 Cupra ones. :think:

Craig, i wanted the mk3 cupra ones done but the problem with them is the hooge centre cap can't be coated so either have to have bolts on display with blanking cap but then kinda ruins the line of the star shape.....also the sparkle on them is not overly evident in the pics, we did a uv torch photoshoot on saturday night on mine n mylos,will post the pics when we have them from the camera owner :)

should've seen the kids faces at the school this afternoon :D wow,look at max's mums wheels hehe..

Last edited:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
did u do it then stu ? if so great job :D

Yep, kind of! I stripped & shotblasted the wheels back to bare metal myself and got the powder coaters next door to my work to paint them. The powder itself has been specially imported in from the USA when I did my compomotive wheels earlier in the year, and had enough to do another set of wheels, so it was rude not to use all the powder up :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.