Gauges

Mitch Turbo

Ok, starting with the basics to begin my quest towards the big turbo build. Gauges....which ones are worthwhile and which ones are gimmicks....

I have the boost gauge....

EGT?

Air/Fuel - if so, wide band or narrow?

Oil pressure

Oil Temperature

Fuel pressure

Ammeters

Voltmeters

All help welcome....hopefully this time next year I'll be approaching Bill (yip, your reputation has even reached Scotland) for a Badger strip and install......so I hope you've got the Badgerwagon finished and on track by then ;o)

p.s. I've a '99 Golf, AGU, looking for 350-400, reliable and within turbo limits with internals done and increasing capacity....happy to go for the SEM manifold and other toys..... Something like Hooch's build but with the Badger touch.....

Regards all,

Mitch.

20vpolo

57 Leon FR TDI
Sep 2, 2008
I use stack gauges. I have a wideband AFR oil pressure oil temp and fuel gauge and i find them really good .

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Ok, starting with the basics to begin my quest towards the big turbo build. Gauges....which ones are worthwhile and which ones are gimmicks....

I have the boost gauge....

EGT?

Air/Fuel - if so, wide band or narrow?

Oil pressure

Oil Temperature

Fuel pressure

Ammeters

Voltmeters

All help welcome....hopefully this time next year I'll be approaching Bill (yip, your reputation has even reached Scotland) for a Badger strip and install......so I hope you've got the Badgerwagon finished and on track by then ;o)

p.s. I've a '99 Golf, AGU, looking for 350-400, reliable and within turbo limits with internals done and increasing capacity....happy to go for the SEM manifold and other toys..... Something like Hooch's build but with the Badger touch.....

Regards all,

Mitch.

I would only use wideband gauge, VEMs I have used as I have Zeitronix, both have option of egt integrally also.
SPA dual gauge in badgerwagen for oil/pressure, so two gauges in one, so not to clutter everything up. expensive these days but nice gauges.

Consider an external boost controller if you have an AGU, as boost control will be easier externally on that me3.8 ecu

regards
bill

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
I had VEMS which was great and an SPA oil temp/boost gauge which was very good also. Got the SPA dual gauge to save space and I though oil temp was more important than oil pressure with the space I had available.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.