Gearbox dead

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Gearbox has died on me. If you changed one before have you done re-conditioned or new? How much have you paid?

Any good places to buy? Ones to avoid?

Ive made some enquiries and been quoted £5-600 for a box, not including labour.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Hello mate!

Sorry to hear that! when i had mine replaced i went with a recon box and that cost me £940inc labour :(

Hoes it going otherwise?

I`ve just sold mine, being picked up next week.

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
hey Benny, yeah its been going fine, first major problem ive had with the car really and its coming on 75,000miles now.

Seems its gonna be about the same price as yours, its at Storm Devlopments now and Ive told them to keep it there until I can source a new box. Reckon I can get it back next week hopefully.

Why u selling yours for? You get a good price for it?

Where did you get your box? Was it new or reconditioned?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
hey Benny, yeah its been going fine, first major problem ive had with the car really and its coming on 75,000miles now.

Seems its gonna be about the same price as yours, its at Storm Devlopments now and Ive told them to keep it there until I can source a new box. Reckon I can get it back next week hopefully.

Why u selling yours for? You get a good price for it?

Where did you get your box? Was it new or reconditioned?

I had a local place sort mine, they sourced the box and fitted it within a week.

It was a reconditioned box.

Reason for selling was due to the fact i`ve just moved in with the mrs abd really wanted to get another bike so i free`d up abit of cash but still gets me a cbr600rr and all the gear!

I had it priced pretty high to start with but ended up taking just under 6k for her.

Mrs wants to get a new beetle... Remapped 1.8T:whistle:

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
mine was 750 for recon box and 150 to fit.

Got mine from "volks a part" steer well clear worse company after massive aruguments and confusition about ratios on the delivary date 2 months later my speedo doesnt work because of missing parts and dont return my calls and never have any answer! grr
stay well clear.

Sorry to hear this mate i no its a killer good luck!

Tom7

HI, I'm just in the middle of putting my gearbox back in! Mine crunched into second and I was considering wether to get a second hand box or recondition mine and I ended up getting mine reconditioned. I went to place fairly local (Leek transmission centre) and its cost me £600 including VAT. Turns out my syncro ring for second hand snapped in two! Will find out if they have done a good job or not tommorow when the car works. I also converted to a single mass flywheel while I was at it so it's been pretty expensive and I haven't even owned the car a month yet!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise